Most Heartbreaking Route

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Wolf

Re: Most Heartbreaking Route

Post by Wolf »

Cell Block has a great handjam rest too.
Brentucky wrote:
der uber wrote:Tissue Tiger for sure. How many folks you see get on this climb and punt on the same move over and over again, vs people who actually send it. And I think part of it is how easy the climbing is getting up to it, people get sucked in.
+1 I sent this route many times over in my head from my desk or on my couch, and it was just plain easy. Damn that move though when it came to reality would spit me off time and time again.

The Infidel and Mercy the Huff are others that got me pretty good. Mercy zaps all that energy out of you as you are at the final bolt "rest" where everyone else is getting some handjam or some such shit, and I was just pumped out of my mind wondering how I was going to hold on to the anchor jug if I ever got to it. Now I wonder that same thing on Cell Block Six.
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

whoneedsfeet wrote:I had a hell of a time with crown of thorns. the last hard move was just barly out of reach wingspan wise, so the extra move I had to add spit me off more than enough times to make me go home and cry to mommy.
There's no crying in rock climbing, J-Ballz. Unless it's between the sweaty pendulous breasts of Cromper's mommy.
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

dustonian wrote:
whoneedsfeet wrote:I had a hell of a time with crown of thorns. the last hard move was just barly out of reach wingspan wise, so the extra move I had to add spit me off more than enough times to make me go home and cry to mommy.
There's no crying in rock climbing, J-Ballz. Unless it's between the sweaty pendulous breasts of Cromper's mommy.
Hahahaha wow! Jimmy just had a hard time with crown because every time he tried it he had wasted his energy the night before trying to please my mom sexually.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Trust me, trying to please your mom sexually is emotionally and physically devastating.
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

I can't tell you the amount o lockjaw I had to deal with Dustin. Try lowering your heart rate not being able to breath thru your mouth.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
kafish2

Post by kafish2 »

A few that come to mind for me...

Taste the Rainbow, Golden Boy, The Force, Convicted, Swingline, Too Many Puppies, Dracula, and Big Money Grip. I think the running theme with all of them is a good bit of tough climbing to a defined crux towards the end.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

whoneedsfeet wrote:I can't tell you the amount o lockjaw I had to deal with Dustin. Try lowering your heart rate not being able to breath thru your mouth.
I recommend a snorkel for that.
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

dustonian wrote:
whoneedsfeet wrote:I can't tell you the amount o lockjaw I had to deal with Dustin. Try lowering your heart rate not being able to breath thru your mouth.
I recommend a snorkel for that.
Tried that the fat layers cover the hole and almost killed me last time.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
der uber

Post by der uber »

kafish2 wrote:I think the running theme with all of them is a good bit of tough climbing to a defined crux towards the end.
I think you may be on to something
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

bros. we should have the routesetters put the cruxes at the end.
haunted.