Eric Horst books

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
JR

Re: Eric Horst books

Post by JR »

Read the books. They provide a good context for the more specific website stuff like Kris's Power Company.
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

yeah. the crimps are really big. pad and a half and very incut. in totally unrelated news:

For Sale: Nicros H.I.T. Strips (4 strips and 6 pinches)
----$90.00-----

a small crack on one rung, but otherwise they are fine.

great for maximum strength (but seriously not bad for endurance-type stuff)

t
haunted.
allah

Post by allah »

Depending on the training you are looking for, check out Mike Doyle's Blog, he's got a good training system
maine

Post by maine »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've already started implementing http://onlineclimbingcoach.blogspot.com/

I was really looking for something more detailed than basic climbing training and trying to climb 5.12. These sites are a great start. I would try bill Ramsey's workout from hell but I don't have the time and it scares me! Lol

Hoping for a sending season this fall!
der uber

Post by der uber »

Maximum climbing, and 9 out of 10 climbers make the same mistakes are great books. The latter especially.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

maine, are you already in training mode? i assume other indoor climbers/ trainers are well into their fall training regimes.....less than four weeks until fall is here.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

training is aid
maine

Post by maine »

We live in Tx right now. As a matter of fact, Pigsteak, I climb most weekends with an old friend of yours, Chris Grassi and her husband. Bill. I don't know if you could say I ever got out of "training" mode. We have been climbing non-stop pretty much since last fall. (With the exception of 4 weeks I took off this summer due to a torn tendon in my thumb -fell while hiking!)

Unfortunately, our climbs here are short, 30 feet is pretty normal, so I am trying to increase my number of pitches/day and am doing some endurance training on our treadwall on Wednesday.

I will be at our cabin in the Red for most of the fall. Whatever endurance I am lacking when I get there I am sure I'll leave with more! LOL
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

ah nice! tell them karen and I said hello....I have frequented all the old stomps down there...beltway, reimers, dome drivers.....as soon as owen can belay, he will be y'alls rope gun!
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
maine

Post by maine »

Will do! Owen is a cutie pie! My girls love playing with him. :D