Is it time?

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Andrew

Is it time?

Post by Andrew »

Is it time to break up the choco factory into different sections like the Lode? Right now there are 63 routes according to the online guide and that doesn't count the routes that are currently in development, which is around 4 or more. On top of that I know of a few people, me included, with plans to bolt a lot more routes in there. By next spring I bet there will be 80+ routes making it the most densely developed single "named" crag in the red. But here is the real question... should we let the community name the sections, or should we let the developers name them since they put in all the work? I would ask the landowner, but I don't like him any more after he broke my ribs.

Begin arguing now!
Last edited by Andrew on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living the dream
SCIN

Re: Is it time?

Post by SCIN »

Good idea. The 4th edition of the print guide is wrapping up though and the online guidebook doesn't handle subsections but I can begin working on building that in. I say the developers first dibs then fall back to the community.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
allah

Post by allah »

I already threw my 2cents in years ago :) you guys are going to town on all the cliff there. Keep it up!
der uber

Post by der uber »

Good call
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

allah wrote:I already threw my 2cents in years ago :) you guys are going to town on all the cliff there. Keep it up!
Know one remembers anything you say... so do you want to remind us big guy.
Living the dream
clif

Post by clif »

will our collective fantasy in storytime themes be preserved? i have this idea about Mary Poppins and flying on clear days with an umbrella you would just love-
training is for people who care, i have a job.
Cromper

Post by Cromper »

Andrew wrote:Right now there are 63 routes according to the online guide and that doesn't count the routes that are currently in development, which is around 4 or more. On top of that I know of a few people, me included, with plans to bolt a lot more routes in there.
Sounds like it's time to go snake some of Andrews lines. :lol:
tpowell

Post by tpowell »

I'd say break it up and let the developers name the sections. They put all the real work into this fine sport that losers like myself enjoy.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Cromper wrote:
Andrew wrote:Right now there are 63 routes according to the online guide and that doesn't count the routes that are currently in development, which is around 4 or more. On top of that I know of a few people, me included, with plans to bolt a lot more routes in there.
Sounds like it's time to go snake some of Andrews lines. :lol:
Go for it. Less work for me to do.
Living the dream
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

And better bolt placement too!
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.