Bluegrass Bouldering 2.0?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
ted

Bluegrass Bouldering 2.0?

Post by ted »

I seen the post on Facebook about BB 2.0 a couple weeks back, but does anybody have the inside scoop? Opening dates, facilities, etc. It sounds like something to get excited about!
BluegrassBouldering

Re: Bluegrass Bouldering 2.0?

Post by BluegrassBouldering »

I went ahead and made the announcement because many people knew I was searching for a new location and people were spouting all kinds of crazy rumors. It is still very early in the process due to the building changing uses in a redevelopment zone. We are currently in the final stages of working out issues with the city engineer regarding fire code and the original construction of the building. If all goes well, the gym should be open by the end of the year. Since the building is 5000 square feet, it will allow plenty of room for people to actually spread out instead of being jammed together like in the current gym. It will have bouldering, top roping, leading, men's and women's bathrooms with showers and locker space, a training area for weights, HIT Strips, campus board, etc., and a multi-use room for yoga, RRGCC meetings, etc. There will be many more angles in the new gym offering much easier climbing for beginners and harder setting for the mutants. Yes, you will still be able to card in during off hours to boulder. Several people are assisting with the planning of the walls. Once construction begins, people who wish to help will be given climbing time in trade. If you are wanting to help, we will have a webpage up soon where you can put in your contact info. Once again, thanks for all of the support the local community has given the gym.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

BluegrassBouldering wrote:Since the building is 5000 square feet, it will allow plenty of room for people to actually spread out instead of being jammed together like in the current gym.
Hopefully this will apply to the density of holds &tape on the walls, too. It's like looking at a jackson pollock painting in there. Can't wait, sounds awesome!
philip_sallee2

Post by philip_sallee2 »

Sounds exciting, I know it maybe too early to answer this yet but are you expecting the monthly rates for bouldering to go up any?