Rebolt the RED day

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
kafish2

Re: Rebolt the RED day

Post by kafish2 »

I think I could give a day to this cause on the weekend. I have a drill with two batteries and bits so that should get at least a few holes in. I have bolted some routes, but my one concern is I have never placed glue-ins and would hate to make a mess of a classic. Let me know if I can help, whether it is just bringing my drill and hanging out or if I can do more.
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

I would love to help but have no drill. Might splurge and have Xmas in Aug and buy one next month. When are you planning to do this? I didn't see a date.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Date isn't set yet but maybe the end of July. If I am out of town you can borrow my drill again Josie... actually, I have 2 so either way. Seems like there are going to be plenty of drills around though between all of us.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Nice work Patrick!
CLIMBTRAD

Post by CLIMBTRAD »

The dates are not set in stone yet.. Just want to do this work before the season gets good and the crowds come..

Here is a list I'm am thinking of..

Global Village
Disapperer
Lossen up
Casual viewing... 20 bolts

Tower Rock
Africa
Arachnid
Curving Crack... All need new anchors. This would be hand banging 6 bolts.

Long Wall
Game boy needs new anchors.. I'm sure there is more out there that needs it ..

King me needs a new first bolt
Pogue ethics needs the first bolt removed with a grinder I already replaced it.
Rebolting the RED one stainless steel glue in bolt at a time!!
CLIMBTRAD

Post by CLIMBTRAD »

What I'm thinking of is teams of 2 or 3 people, its nice to have guy on the ground..
We will need at least 2 teams at global village
2 teams at tower

And a few to maybe go out and get king me and game boy.. and maybe grind that bolt on pogue
Rebolting the RED one stainless steel glue in bolt at a time!!
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Game Boy needs all new bolts. So does the extension to Are the Pies... the first half is good, Tackett did a great job rebolting it about 4 years ago.

We could try to hit Pogue and King Me this weekend. Do you have that angle grinder?

I am happy to "hand-bang" and glue the bolts at Tower or glue wherever. Drilling is mellow for guys like Kyle and Brad with experience, just stay at perpendicular, glueing is a mess. I may be out of town climbing in NC the last week in July but this is a cool event so I could move things around a bit too... thanks Patrick!
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

We will need some breaker bars with 9/16" hex fittings if anyone has one to bring. We have one at the Lode kindly donated by the Wheatleys. Also gloves, bits (are those TS bolts 1/2" or 5/8" holes?), and carpenter's putty for patching.

In a better mood now, half a bottle of 2 buck Chuck helps...
crazyhair

Post by crazyhair »

Count me in Patch- hand drillin- can't wait. . .
falling!!!!

Post by falling!!!! »

Game Boy needs new anchors?? Are you sure?? Both sets on the route are only about 2 years old.