Who provides the best cell phone service at The Red?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
dustonian

Re: Who provides the best cell phone service at The Red?

Post by dustonian »

Hate to resurrect this ol' dawg, but who's got some input on good service in the Zoe/Zachariah area? Anyone get a good signal at Koop's? At J&H Beer Store? Coal Bank? Thanks!
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

Dustin I have Verizon, and it seems the only Place I lose service is around the cave fork area (on the main road that is) Other than that I have at least two bars and 3G (at least enough to get on the mobile guidebook site). Hope that helps out man.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Thanks man... Verizon's plans are kind of expensive tho! Do you know if they have a 3rd party distributor (ie. "Redpocket" for cheap AT&T tower access)?
whoneedsfeet

Post by whoneedsfeet »

Off hand no, I can check with some people that I know who work there and hopefully get back to you in a day or so with details.
Skipping cruxes is a way of life.
crazyhair

Post by crazyhair »

I have T-mobile- no service at Torrent/natural bridge, but decent service in Zachariah, Koops, up at LOTA, Muir, some FS crags, Mig's parking lot and near the parkway. I usually don't get service in some parts of pv though if that's what you're looking for.

T-mobile has incredibly cheap family plans ($10/ line) and I think unlimited everything right now is $50/month
Nit

Post by Nit »

This thread is a little old, but I thought I'd revive it since there has been a lot of cellular expansion in the last couple of years.

What's the best cell phone service in the Gorge area these days?
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

I lived away for a few years and came back (live in Stanton) only to discover that my cell phone works in the Gorge now! Well, most places.

Generally the valleys are terrible but the ridgetops I get perfect service, even strong 4g. I have AT&T which we used to refer to as "Ain't Talkin' Today." I have a love/hate relationship with AT&T though.

I've had service in some strange places, like at Eagle's Nest, and I've not had it in some weird places (line of sight to a tower that I presumed to have ATT widgets).
There is no TEAM in I
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Ascentionist wrote:I lived away for a few years and came back (live in Stanton) only to discover that my cell phone works in the Gorge now! Well, most places.

Generally the valleys are terrible but the ridgetops I get perfect service, even strong 4g. I have AT&T which we used to refer to as "Ain't Talkin' Today." I have a love/hate relationship with AT&T though.

I've had service in some strange places, like at Eagle's Nest, and I've not had it in some weird places (line of sight to a tower that I presumed to have ATT widgets).
verizon works most everywhere
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun