Red river gorge picture book

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
THB

Red river gorge picture book

Post by THB »

I'm looking to buy a copy of john snell's book. It's a hard cover picture book of the red river gorge. I think it might just be called "red river gorge". It's out of print. Does anyone know where I could find a copy?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/097731989 ... 659&sr=1-4
dssclimb

Re: Red river gorge picture book

Post by dssclimb »

sell ya mine for $200
Mark W

Post by Mark W »

The title is "Red River Gorge: The Eloquent Landscape" and most online retailers have it at a ridiculously inflated price. I'd suggest calling used bookstores in Lexington, Louisville and Cincinnati and you might get lucky. I could've sworn I saw a new copy in a bookstore in Lexington within the past year, but I can't recall which one.

I'd also recommend trying to get a copy of Wendell Berry's "The Unforeseen Wilderness" if you're interested in books about the Red. Black Swan Books in Lexington had several copies of the original edition -- with many excellently composed black and white photographs that capture the feel of the gorge rather than just specific features -- at cover price (about $20) two years ago when I picked some up as gifts.
THB

Post by THB »

Dave, if yours is in excellent condition I'll buy it for $40.

Mark, what online retailers have it? Amazon has none.
captain static

Post by captain static »

I recently read The Unforseen Wilderness. It will change the way you think about our beloved RRG. Excellent pictures in the book too.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
clif

Post by clif »

i'm thrilled to see people talking about Wendell Berry. anybody seen his farm?
training is for people who care, i have a job.