Tough muder comp in Maysville, KY

Need a partner?
Golite45

Tough muder comp in Maysville, KY

Post by Golite45 »

I am interested in entering this comp is anybody else interested? I would like to either get a team together or join another team that is interested in this challenge. I am on the fence right now about doing it but if others are interested i would gladly join if a team can be put together. Thoughts? this is serious so if you have a unwarranted sarcasm you can keep it to yourself.

I am located in louisville.

www.toughmudder.com for details!

Thanks
climb2core

Re: Tough muder comp in Maysville, KY

Post by climb2core »

Golite45 wrote: this is serious so if you have a unwarranted sarcasm you can keep it to yourself.
I think this comment warrants sarcasm.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

I would never be sarcastic about something this serious.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

I think "comp" is a bit of an exaggeration for these gumball fests of skipping to the lou, crying danger mouse on some monkey bars, and pretending to be in Nam on the buddy belly crawl thru cow patties.....

but seriously, (no seriously), it looks like fun.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
@@@

Post by @@@ »

I'm going.
kek-san

Post by kek-san »

Going, but no idea where you get the idea it'll be a comp. Should be fun though.
"Dying?" Man, that's the last thing I want to do. - overheard
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

@@@ wrote:I'm going.
Funny Adam, we were dining the other day at the Beattyville DQ with a bunch of equally obese people, all watching this hilarious Fluff Mudder-esque TV show called "America's First Ninja Warrior" or something like that. There were a couple "climbers" whoring themselves out on the show, all super gay to a man, and all failed early on in the bizarre, S&M-lite obstacle course the brilliant creative minds behind the show had cooked up... a pretty poor showing for rock climbing overall, especially compared to the gymnasts and parkour dudes. We were wondering how a climber with actual measurable testosterone (or estrogen) levels would do on the show... seems like you would do pretty well since most of the tests of sexuality were upper-body related, especially one near the end involving dynamic pull-ups (moving the bar up a notch with each pull-up) and hand traversing across these slippery little balls. Maybe you could incorporate some slippery balls into your training regime? The secret to 15c?

I even ordered another chocolate cherry blizzard to catch the end of the show. The whole experience made me so happy to have escaped the hilarious soul-less world of TV grip work.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Looks fun, I did the warrior dash with my siblings last year and wasn't impressed, but its 1/2 the Tough Mudder coarse.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

dustonian wrote:...all watching this hilarious Fluff Mudder-esque TV show called "America's First Ninja Warrior" or something like that.
Not familiar with the original Ninja Warrior? It's the real deal as far as obstacle courses go, it has taken down many a professional athlete.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
toad857

Post by toad857 »

that's because they're not climbers.