Demon Seed vs Soul Ram

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
local

Re: Demon Seed vs Soul Ram

Post by local »

i did Demon seed 2nd go.....i have left to two bail binners on soul ram.....
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

local wrote:i did Demon seed 2nd go.....i have left to two bail binners on soul ram.....
Really?

Its funny how its about half and half for people who think one is harder than the other.
Living the dream
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Andrew wrote:
local wrote:i did Demon seed 2nd go.....i have left to two bail binners on soul ram.....
Really?

Its funny how its about half and half for people who think one is harder than the other.
Keep in mind this is a guy who flashed Mind Meld... potential outlier.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

We ended not heading to Bob Marley, so no chance to compare yet. However Caribe, I did get on Herd Mentality, MIrage, Belly of the Beast, and Black Swan. They are all awesome lines but I really liked Belly of the Beast and Black Swan.
pumpout2004

Post by pumpout2004 »

Demon Seed is harder...but better. Just happens that I got to experience both the routes in the past couple months, so my memory of each is pretty fresh. (You like that subtle spray Andrew? I'm learning)
Chuffer juice!
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Get out to beer trailer then, hot shot... about a half-dozen people have asked me about that route on the right, as if I were responsible for that monstrosity. Dario and Andrew's beautiful love child!!
JR

Post by JR »

One-Fall wrote:
JR wrote: Regardless of the grade, my opinion stands. Demon Seed is harder.
99 times out of a 100, I agree with JR. This is the other time. While JR is a very well rounded climber, Id say crimping is his strong suit. Same thing goes with Dustin. Grain of salt with both of them when talking about vert crimping.

Ian, if you are 5'8" or over, Id bet you will think Demon Seed is easier.

Thanks One-Fall. I totally agree with you agreeing with me!!

First off, maybe you are right about the crimping thing. But doesn't Table of Color have nearly vertical crimping???? It isn't like you can't hold the holds. They aren't that small(Soul Ram).

Secondly, you may be right about the height issue. This to me is the biggest factor comparing these two routes. The start to Dogleg/Demon Seed is very difficult for me(5'8"). So if the beginning(Demon Seed) was automatic I might think these routes are a little closer in grade. Hell. If I could do the beginning of Demon Seed easily I would be bugging Andrew to give it 12b! I bet it felt 12a to him.
pumpout2004

Post by pumpout2004 »

Its on my agenda
Chuffer juice!
clif

Post by clif »

c2c- i know you're a good grade and a half beyond me. i still think you're a puss. i'll send one of these two routes before thanksgiving anyway, or, if you send them both, or i'll give that crazy ass muir valley cult another 50 bucks--
training is for people who care, i have a job.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

clif wrote:c2c- i know you're a good grade and a half beyond me. i still think you're a puss. i'll send one of these two routes before thanksgiving anyway, or, if you send them both, or i'll give that crazy ass muir valley cult another 50 bucks--
Clif, you do have me dead to right... I am a puss. However, I am even cheaper and would much rather donate your money than mine. Not sure about the grade, but I am guessing to keep things fair, you send Toker and King Me before the Detroit Lions lose and I will kick in $50 as well.

I have seen you top-rope. I think my $$$ is safe.