Muir Valley - 2012 Fundraising and Awareness

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Andrew

Re: Muir Valley - 2012 Fundraising and Awareness

Post by Andrew »

truthmiracle wrote:The Beanfest was the original climbing party that helped generate the PBC. I can't find any current info on the PBC, so I guess it finally died after what I think was a 20+ year run. If something like this were attempted for MV, I'd recommend having both a fun section along the lines of the "Clip and Go" contest of Rocktoberfest and a serious section for very advanced climbers. It would be necessary to include other areas like the Lode, and really hard routes at other areas, if this was done. Super hard routes would need to be included to bring the really big names and increase sponsorship. It's a hell of a lot of work, but a very good time and could benefit both MV and the RRGCC. A significant downside might be further publicizing the Red and therefore increasing usage and benefit dinners, concerts and the like might be better options.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanfest

This seems like a good idea, except keep it muir valley only. If there aren't enough hard routes in Muir Valley I could be convinced of bolting some. I have some ideas, but never bolted them because they look to hard for me.
Living the dream
Syphur

Post by Syphur »

This year Rocktoberfest is scheduled to make the last payment on the PMRP is I have read correctly. Could it be possible for the 2013 to raise money to support Muir. This is of course assuming there isn't a plan in action for the RRGCC to make another land purchase. And I also realize vendors could possibly not be as interested if the land remains privately rather than climber owned. And that statement isn't hinting for the Webers to sign off their land. They have every right to do whatever they want. It may not even be an issue. They undoubtedly deserve the money in my mind.

Just a thought.
kato

Post by kato »

Andrew wrote:never bolted them because they look to hard for me.
Holds too close together?

(hey, also note correct usage of "too"!)
No chalkbag since 1995.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

kato wrote:
Andrew wrote:never bolted them because they look to hard for me.
Holds too close together?

(hey, also note correct usage of "too"!)
Yep, two closed too gether
Living the dream
clif

Post by clif »

i kind of miss the HULK tantrum. ynp1, could you repost the citation for historical perspective?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Clif, what do you want?

The thing is every time I write about MV I get a PM from a certain somebody... Does this happen to anybody else?

Oh well I ain't skerd!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

pm sent.
clif

Post by clif »

ynp1- don't worry about it, i thought you had opened a thread outside of the announcements where the word 'distorted' (i can't remember exactly the wording) was used and thought perhaps we could provide justice for all the mistreated and accused and an opportunity for the record to be set straight. and yes, i've received a pm of similar nature, informative, huh?

eternal sunshine and spotlessness for all-
training is for people who care, i have a job.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Informative, yeah something like that... Ha!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
deragoku

Post by deragoku »

You do not get more explosion from climbing typesetting buck. But may work better, a charity dinner, such as the $ 75 kind of internal affairs board.