partner for mid March-April

Need a partner?
nat

partner for mid March-April

Post by nat »

Hello,

I will be coming to the Red around March 15 and will be staying through April. I am traveling solo so will be in need of partners. From what I have heard it should not be hard to find partners once I arrive, but it would be nice peace of mind to have a few things lined up before actually making the 25 hour drive out (yuck). Anyways, I am psyched to climb (I am a solid 5.12 climber and am hoping to find some harder projects), give awesome belays, and meet some new people.

Also, from what I have heard I think that Land of the Arches is the campground for me. I am guessing it has much less of a scene than Miguel's, but does it have enough climbers on weekdays to find partners on the fly?

If anyone else has any advice for a RRG virgin please let me know!

Thanks!
-Nat
twan

Re: partner for mid March-April

Post by twan »

I will be down every other weekend beginning this weekend the 9th. I usually have people at home bail last min so always looking for backup plans. I usually go to miguels and have been to land of the arches but havent stayed enough to say yes or no to your question. I wouldn't think that it would be very busy during the week. Let me know if you'd wanna link up every other weekend. I'm working a 12 project at the motherload.
..OH I like how that feels..
Willy

Post by Willy »

In your situation I would stay at Miguels during the week and Land of Arches on the weekends. Miguels isn't crazy during the week and it might be easier to find partners there.
nat

Post by nat »

Twan: Yeah, that would be great. I won't be there this weekend, but let's get in touch in a few weeks to climb the next weekend you will be there. What is your project called?

Willy: Good idea! Unless I get there and can easily find people at Land of Arches that seems like a good way to find partners/avoid too much partying.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

yeah, miggies only had 50 cars last night on a tuesday...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Haha yep. It's comical how EVERYONE (& their dog) shows up at the same time... a week ago it was almost empty, and the week before that, utterly desolate... yet all winter we have had killer conditions! Do all these people coordinate their schedules or what? And then half of these seasonal visitors get their panties bunched up and start whining about how crowded the RED is... of course all the while visiting only a small fraction of the climbing in the area... and then by summer it's almost empty again...
Last edited by dustonian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

spring break is my guess.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
calvinivlac

Post by calvinivlac »

[quote="dustonian"]Haha yep. It's comical how EVERYONE (& their dog) shows up at the same time... a week ago it was almost empty, and the week before that, utterly desolate... yet all winter we have had killer conditions! Do all these people coordinate their schedules or what? And then half of these seasonal visitors get their panties bunched up and start whining about how crowded the [color=#FF0000][b]RED [/b][/color]is... of course all the while visiting only a small fraction of the climbing in the area... and then by summer it's almost empty again...[/quote]

You guys are so OLD. Forgotten about Spring Break already.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

no way man, my spring break is next week!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

calvinivlac wrote:
dustonian wrote:Haha yep. It's comical how EVERYONE (& their dog) shows up at the same time... a week ago it was almost empty, and the week before that, utterly desolate... yet all winter we have had killer conditions! Do all these people coordinate their schedules or what? And then half of these seasonal visitors get their panties bunched up and start whining about how crowded the RED is... of course all the while visiting only a small fraction of the climbing in the area... and then by summer it's almost empty again...
You guys are so OLD. Forgotten about Spring Break already.
Dustin is dead on, and I still get spring break... suck it nerds
Living the dream