Where Lizards Dare P2 roof

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
haas

Where Lizards Dare P2 roof

Post by haas »

I've been gone a bit too long now and feel out of the loop - has this thing gone free yet or what?
Cromper

Re: Where Lizards Dare P2 roof

Post by Cromper »

People climb hard trad at the red?!
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Not very many, but hell yeah a few do... we've had a killer season of climbing trad all winter. I love the fact that all the good harder trad routes are empty all the time here too. As for WLD, I don't think it's gone but not sure.
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

There is no way that will go free. That seam is too small for even tips until you get out to the lip of the roof. I used two of the smallest cams equalized for the first move off the ledge and was still scared on aid that it was going to blow landing me on my back on the ledge. The seam is only like a centimeter deep as well.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

I wouldn't say "no way"... I've seen dudes pull off 6+' dynos across stretches I couldn't aid across.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

TradMike wrote:There is no way that will go free. That seam is too small for even tips until you get out to the lip of the roof. I used two of the smallest cams equalized for the first move off the ledge and was still scared on aid that it was going to blow landing me on my back on the ledge. The seam is only like a centimeter deep as well.
http://www.rense.com/general81/dw.htm

Ya just never know...
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

dustonian wrote:I wouldn't say "no way"... I've seen dudes pull off 6+' dynos across stretches I couldn't aid across.
Yeah, there is a kid out of Phoenix, AZ that can do some of the biggest dynos I have ever seen but I don't know what you would launch off of. Maybe run off the ledge and dive for the two finger pocket near the lip hoping you could stop the swing.
RRO

Post by RRO »

Arno bout pulled it off till a bat flew on him from a pocket. It will go. Haas , let me get my arm and leg back and when you come wear out your welcome part two we can send it in style. If my body dint work by then I will hang and shoot some pics. Miss ya chief
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
haas

Post by haas »

RRO wrote:Arno bout pulled it off till a bat flew on him from a pocket.
I was there when that happened and am surprised no one has done it since then, as that was at least 5 years ago. I think it'll go actually. Matt - can't wait to come back brother, can not wait!
batguano

Post by batguano »

I remember checking it out one day several years ago. I sussed a few moves and dangled a little bit. I was under the impression it would probably go with a little more effort. It's just a little too thin and facey to hold my interest for long. Good looking line, for sure.

You got any info on Bottom Feeder, Haas?
weather is occurring.