Muir Valley - 2012 Fundraising and Awareness

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Artsay

Muir Valley - 2012 Fundraising and Awareness

Post by Artsay »

Hey folks,

Many of you have probably seen the Urban Climber article about Muir Valley needing your help: http://tinyurl.com/89yvzt2
If you’re interested in helping, please help make this viral. Keep your eyes out for upcoming fundraising and awareness events and share these links on Facebook and other climbing sites to get the message out.

Other ways to help include:
• Speaking with your local gym about holding a comp to grow awareness and raise funds.
• Publicize your support and ask folks to match you on your contribution. Make a public challenge!
• When you’re at the crag, be a steward of Muir Valley by letting folks know what’s going on. Climbers are typically pretty kind folks and most want to help, they just don’t know how. Please help show them.

I just setup a $15/month recurring donation which is less than a half a tank of gas. If five folks sign up for a recurring donation in any amount within the next 24 hours and let me know, I will donate another $20.

---------------------------------------
Friends of Muir Valley Website
http://www.friendsofmuirvalley.org
---------------------------------------

Thank YOU!
Michelle
clif

Re: Muir Valley - 2012 Fundraising and Awareness

Post by clif »

I apologize but I can't seem to accept the idea that Rick and Liz do not want donators to know what exactly they are contributing money for.

Real estate taxes? -ok. Bolt replacement-ok (see synergy), toilet paper and bathroom cleaning-ok-I THINK USERS SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS COMPLETELY, road grading-ok but could probably profit by some synergy, printing waivers-ok....

again, so many apologies. -c.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
FoMVChair

Post by FoMVChair »

Thank you Michelle for starting this thread!

Friends of Muir Valley has recently updated their Paypal account to accept recurring donations. This is an excellent way to show your support for Muir Valley with minimal effort. A $5 or $10 a month donation would present little financial difficulties to most of us but over the course of a year could mean a lot when multiplied by many climbers. We hope this will help your decision to promote Muir Valley and make you a partner to preserving one of the premier climbing venues in the eastern US. Very few non-profit organizations can make the claim that 100% of your donation will be used towards its intended purpose. More information will follow but thank you in advance for your support!

Best Regards,
Brett Stark (FoMV Chair)
clif

Post by clif »

it is very nice to meet you Mr. Stark.

when should the more information you allude to be expected?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Clif, I agree... we need more information to better understand the need that Muir Valley is in and what it will take to fix it. It is also my understanding that FoMV are working actively with the Webers. If you have specific questions make sure to let Brett know.

While specifics may be vague right now, I do know this: There is a real need for donations, and the need is now.

To that end, I signed up today for $10 per month. I also challenged my climbing friends on Facebook to step up too... And already I have had 2 climbing friends become sustainable donors.

So, Michelle.. I guess that makes 3 so far ;)
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Bump. Who else is gonna step up?

Oh, and if you are on Facebook and want to hit up your climbing buddies to do the same... Here is what I wrote:

I just became a sustainable donor to Friends of Muir Valley and I am challenging you to do the same!!! My contribution will help pay for the for operating expenses, such as materials, tools, and supplies, and help ensure continued access in the future. But my contribution alone will not be enough. If you want to Secure Muir for climbing then become a reoccurring donor today!

Go to Friends of Muir Valley to set up your sustainable donation. You can subscribe for as little as $5/month- or for about one fancy coffee drink!! Then post this as your status on your FB page and challenge your climbing friends to do the same!

I also included the link to the Donation page for FoMV and then tagged as many of my FB climbing friends as I could think of:

http://www.friendsofmuirvalley.org/?page_id=6

Thanks!
Last edited by climb2core on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Make it four. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.
Can't we all just get along?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Once again Michelle, a big THANKS for the way you step up and take action.
Monty

Post by Monty »

I am signing up as well.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Nice, that makes 5... If we can get another 5 by 9 pm tonight, I will match Michelle's $20.