Recreational Use Statutes

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
climb2core

Re: Recreational Use Statutes

Post by climb2core »

Communication is definitely key. Of course, the message, or content also becomes important. People need to feel that their buck is needed and will contribute directly to a successful outcome. Not sure if you saw the post on the other thread about the research done on how to effectively get people to contribute, but I think if we take those points into consideration, it will help get people to donate.
chooky

Post by chooky »

rohr wrote: So, that’s why Muir, PMRP, and other places can’t charge a small fee. If they did charge a fee, it would have to be large enough to cover the costs of additional maintenance of the land and liability insurance. By way of example, when I visited the Gunks this past spring, daily admission was $17 per person per day.
As a long distance out-of-towner and sub-12 climber (which is to say that I am part of the problem at the Red), I would be more than happy to pay $17 to climb at Muir or PMRP (although I would want a much better road for PMRP with a fee this steep) if that was the end-game. Don't you know how much money I pay to go to the gym?
krampus

Post by krampus »

we need shiner's hats and little cars to drive around the parking lot collecting money
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

krampus wrote:we need shiner's hats and little cars to drive around the parking lot collecting money
I will pay $17 to see that!
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

So can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with an insurance carrier who will carry a policy on an outdoor wall? Please and thankyou.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!