Retired Gear uses...

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
THB

Re: Retired Gear uses...

Post by THB »

oh... and also, if you wanna give your old ropes to dustin, i fully support that... but you could also donate them to sterling (that is, once dustin has enough old ropes that his heart is content)... just don't donate them to sterling during rocktoberfest, i want my chances at a raffle rope to be as high as possible... :)
krampus

Post by krampus »

funny that this thread wold show up today, I was just cleaning out my attic and wondering what to do with the bag of old shoes I have. Any suggestions. All I could figure was to critique my poor climbing technique, every single pair I have ever owned (apparently) has a blown left toe, I should fix that.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Why does sterling need ropes? I would have thought that they would have plenty.

It is kind of like giving a pot grower pot...
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
THB

Post by THB »

ynp1 wrote:Why does sterling need ropes? I would have thought that they would have plenty.

It is kind of like giving a pot grower pot...
yea... i dunno... i think they melt them down... but what they do after that... i have no idea.
THB

Post by THB »

krampus wrote:funny that this thread wold show up today, I was just cleaning out my attic and wondering what to do with the bag of old shoes I have. Any suggestions. All I could figure was to critique my poor climbing technique, every single pair I have ever owned (apparently) has a blown left toe, I should fix that.
i've thought about this a lot too... i've thought about donating them to some gym or maybe somewhere else... i don't know... but then i thought, "who would want rock shoes with blown out toes..."

so, i dunno what to do with them... if anyone comes up with some good ideas, please share on here so that i can get rid of all my old rock shoes! thanks.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Oh so it is like giving pot grower seeds, and then have them sell the weed back to you...

I will give mine to local developers when I have them.
THB

Post by THB »

ok
kato

Post by kato »

Doorstop:
That's wrapped around a big cobble from the New River. I've done a couple glass jugs that way too.
No chalkbag since 1995.
THB

Post by THB »

the cat does look like a pretty nice door stop
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

The boy scouts could always use the shoes. I was never a boy scout, but I have worked with them some. Blown out shoes are way better then there boots. That is one good place to get rid of your shoes.