Retired Gear uses...

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Xtant

Retired Gear uses...

Post by Xtant »

Post some cool crap you've done with retired gear...

I made a beer tap handle out of one of Ditzy's tri-cams she just retired...

Then there's the standard rope rug. I made this out of one of Jay's rope a few years back...

Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
ynp1

Re: Retired Gear uses...

Post by ynp1 »

That beer tap is pretty cool! Nice job!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

You should find a quad-cam for the other tap.
THB

Post by THB »

i'm a picky perfectionist... pardon my personal flaws... it's not a tri-cam, but it is a really cool beer tap and a really cool way to retire gear... it looks like it's still in great shape! why was it retired?

okay... sorry i'm not trying to be an a-hole or to derail this thread... so i'll add some productive thoughts... i've made rope ladders out of my retired ropes, jewlery out of retired trad gear, rope rugs... that's all I can think of right now.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Any and all retired ropes please forward my way for fixed line/rebolting/development purpoeses... the ones that aren't being made into rugs of course!
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

Sorry, I was mistaken. Katie's the climber...lol. I don't mess with the trad stuff.

It got kinda rusty. Little bit more than surface rust, so we thought it best to pull it out of the rack.
Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

dustonian wrote:Any and all retired ropes please forward my way for fixed line/rebolting/development purpoeses... the ones that aren't being made into rugs of course!

I have 4 or 5 to donate...
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Yes! I love you Pillsbury Doughboy!!!
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

LOL, I kind of feel violated. I'll get in touch when I figure when I am getting down next.
THB

Post by THB »

Xtant wrote:Sorry, I was mistaken. Katie's the climber...lol. I don't mess with the trad stuff.

It got kinda rusty. Little bit more than surface rust, so we thought it best to pull it out of the rack.
understandable... and no worries at all, man... like i said, i'm just being picky because i'm bored... i'm gonna blame it on my friends that always correct me when i use the words less or fewer incorrectly.

dustin - i've got a fixed line that i've had hanging on this route for about 2 years now... if you want it, you can have it... all you gotta do is go get it down... let me know if you're interested and i'll tell you where it is...