Roadside for sale?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
milspecmark

Re: Roadside for sale?

Post by milspecmark »

It seems to me the the closure was an attempt to increase demand for the climbing there. I can see it turning into a resort or a place similar to Torrent. If that is the case, then shame on whoever stated it was closed because of the draws. I will be sad to see it go.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

climb2core wrote: Perhaps we should hold tongue lashings until someone can step up with the facts.
^^^^ Probably worth restating.

There's just a lot of drama surrounding that crag. A lot of people have invested tremendous emotion and effort into that place. It's understandable that everyone's curious.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

EricDorsey wrote:
dustonian wrote:
ReachHigh wrote:right now a beat down piece of land is getting the rest it needed.
Seriously??? Hilarious. That is one of the cleanest and most cared-for pieces of property in the region. Venture off the beaten path much south of the mountain parkway along 11, and it is amazing the amount of abandoned equipment, garbage, ATV erosion, pollution, and oil industry destruction you'll see. Foot travel, bolts, and minor litter are negligible by comparison, and the latter is easily removed.
I was just going to say the same thing... apparently some worn footpaths/belay areas is an environmental disaster down there! I don't get what is beat down about the land, it seemed as well taken care of as most parks I have been in and def way nicer than a lot of areas in the gorge. Also no one is slandering Grant, I am just saying IF the rumors are true its pretty lame on Grants part but I guess its a free country...

I think torrent looks a lot better once the crowds were restricted. I don't think road side needed to be limited to that extent, but a rest isn't a bad thing. There is no excuse for the way land gets abused in rural areas, with trash and general disrespect.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

Just talked with John (one of the owners) about this thread. They have no intention of selling it, period. IMO, bashing them and their reasons for closing it is not a very productive way of getting it re-opened.
clif

Post by clif »

thanks for the clarity cliftongifford.

i agree that some of the anger seemed misguided and premature..
training is for people who care, i have a job.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

So missing the point of this post...

And for the record, everyone reads what they want into posts. I see mostly disbelief and dismay; and the bleating of sheep...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
toad857

Post by toad857 »

cliftongifford wrote:Just talked with John (one of the owners) about this thread. They have no intention of selling it, period. IMO, bashing them and their reasons for closing it is not a very productive way of getting it re-opened.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Toad

Post by Toad »

cliftongifford wrote:They have no intention of selling it, period.
Not if they are wanting 200K.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

cliftongifford wrote:IMO, bashing them and their reasons for closing it is not a very productive way of getting it re-opened.
It's also difficult to get something re-opened if no steps, plan, procedure, want, wish or need has been put forth in an effort to allow the offenders to address the issue(s). At least none that I have seen.
KD

Post by KD »

so who is the goddam hammock hippie who started this shit? We otta string him way up yonder from a perma draw!