Roadside for sale?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
cliftongifford

Re: Roadside for sale?

Post by cliftongifford »

I'm pretty sure John doesn't even have a redriverclimbing account... how is he supposed to respond to something he doesn't even know about? And I doubt Grant is checking his every 5 minutes to see if someone is slandering him or not.
der uber

Post by der uber »

+ 1 what the other guys said about expecting everyone to comment about rumors.

If what's been sprayed in this thread is true, the it's hilarious to think that the owners would or expect them to come on this forum to explain themselves.

If the land is for sale, and someone is interested in buying it, perhaps they should contact the owners and see what the asking price is.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

I don't believe I've slandered anyone, and perhaps I should have said I'm surprised more people haven't asked more "questions" (as opposed to comments). The purpose of the post is to get it out on the table. And if the parties involved choose not to validate one way or the other, that's their right.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
toad857

Post by toad857 »

cliftongifford wrote:I'm pretty sure John doesn't even have a redriverclimbing account... how is he supposed to respond to something he doesn't even know about? And I doubt Grant is checking his every 5 minutes to see if someone is slandering him or not.
Right--the owners of roadside ("Graining Fork Nature Preserve") never really seemed too involved with the place to begin with, other than 1) buying it, and 2) abruptly closing it. Hell, they couldn't even be bothered to put up a sign after they bought the place (...most people had no idea that it was purchased, let alone that certain rules had changed.... or that the place got renamed).

On another note, is seems like a flat rumor to me--I mean, 200k !??!? The owners themselves admit that the land is denuded, trodden, and beaten down. Hardly worth even 30k.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Grant helped the Webers secure MV...,

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/viewtopic.php?t=2285

Perhaps we should hold tongue lashings until someone can step up with the facts. Anyone know Grant or John well enough to just ask? If not, I would be happy to contact them.
Cocoapuffs1000

Post by Cocoapuffs1000 »

cliftongifford wrote:Apparently a lot of people like to assume a lot and degrade people they don't even know. Who are you to judge people without knowing the facts? Especially when those same folks have done more for climbing than most people in this forum. Cm-on, get real.
Agreed. Stop with the "I don't know if this is true but if it is these guys suck" bullshit. The tone of this discussion has pretty much assured that if the owners read this, they're going to have a defensive attitude. And justifiably so.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

climb2core wrote:Grant helped the Webers secure MV...,

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/viewtopic.php?t=2285

Perhaps we should hold tongue lashings until someone can step up with the facts. Anyone know Grant or John well enough to just ask? If not, I would be happy to contact them.
Kinda looks like they paid for his services.

Granted, the rumor has been posted by pigsteak, which doesn't do much for it's credibility. But if true I'd say this guy is a special brand of douche bag.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Rumors just make us look like a bunch of gossipy bitches. I'm sure the access fund grant has stipulations if its going to be used and right now a beat down piece of land is getting the rest it needed. I'm sure in time, reasonable access will be worked out.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

ReachHigh wrote:right now a beat down piece of land is getting the rest it needed.
Seriously??? Hilarious. That is one of the cleanest and most cared-for pieces of property in the region. Venture off the beaten path much south of the mountain parkway along 11, and it is amazing the amount of abandoned equipment, garbage, ATV erosion, pollution, and oil industry destruction you'll see. Foot travel, bolts, and minor litter are negligible by comparison, and the latter is easily removed.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

dustonian wrote:
ReachHigh wrote:right now a beat down piece of land is getting the rest it needed.
Seriously??? Hilarious. That is one of the cleanest and most cared-for pieces of property in the region. Venture off the beaten path much south of the mountain parkway along 11, and it is amazing the amount of abandoned equipment, garbage, ATV erosion, pollution, and oil industry destruction you'll see. Foot travel, bolts, and minor litter are negligible by comparison, and the latter is easily removed.
I was just going to say the same thing... apparently some worn footpaths/belay areas is an environmental disaster down there! I don't get what is beat down about the land, it seemed as well taken care of as most parks I have been in and def way nicer than a lot of areas in the gorge. Also no one is slandering Grant, I am just saying IF the rumors are true its pretty lame on Grants part but I guess its a free country...