Tendinitis

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Dmack

Re: Tendinitis

Post by Dmack »

pigsteak wrote:my wifey informed me just now it is not so much about the position of your elbow (sleeping with straight arms) but the position of your wrist that is more important. when I had this issues a year or so ago, she made me a wrist brace and it helped the elbow....go figure. since she is a therapist, I'll take her word for it.
can u share this info...what the wrist brace looks like...what position you are trying to keep your wrist..and any other info that might be useful..
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

After I left the gym last week I noticed that my elbow was hurting pretty badly, I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought it was just sore from working out. I went to the red this past Sunday and after one route my elbow began to hurt terribly. The pain doesn't seem to be on the inside or outside of my elbow, but directly on the bone. It kind of throbs when bent at 90 degrees but when completely straight it feels like people are jabbing needles into my elbow. I get the same feeling when I bend my elbow as much as possible. Does this sound like tendinitis or something else? I'm not really sure what it could be but I don't want to spend money going to the doctor if he/she is just going to tell me to take it easy and that I have tendinitis.
"Do it"
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

definitely cancer
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

dustonian wrote:definitely cancer
Atleast I don't have HIV i guess.
"Do it"
calvinivlac

Post by calvinivlac »

[quote="512OW"][quote="Kelly"]

Kris, I'd love to hear more about how youve been using the Flexbar. How long? How have you used it? What makes you think its been effective?

[/quote]

Kelly, for how, I pretty much followed the directions that the manufacturer gives. How long? During bouldering season, nearly daily. Sometimes as a preventative measure, and always post workout. I tried using it to warm up... didn't seem to help me. During route season I don't touch it unless I'm doing a strength or power phase in the gym. I use the green one.

Before using it, my elbows got so bad I could barely stand it. Lots of ibuprofen. After only a few weeks, and without taking any time off, it was mostly cleared up. Now, I only feel little twinges when doing alot of compression climbing.

As far as that sleeping with your arms straight business... did nothing for me. I sleep with my arms bent, and the flexbar cured it anyway.[/quote]

Here's a NYTimes article covering a study on epicondylitis and the effectiveness of therabars. They actually halted the study because it was so effective:
[url]well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/phys-ed-an-easy-fix-for-tennis-elbow/?em[/url]

Caution: some people find it too painful to even start using a flexbar. You may need to get some treatment from a therapist before you're ready to start.
Caution #2: I have no medical training whatsoever.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Careful with the flexbar. It you don't follow the instructions properly it can do a number on your wrist.

I firmly believe tight beceps are the trigger for tennis elbow...so i think sleeping with your arms straight probably helps by stretching out the bicep.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

Cleveland wrote:
dustonian wrote:definitely cancer
Atleast I don't have HIV i guess.
No, But your cancer does.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Cleveland wrote:After I left the gym last week I noticed that my elbow was hurting pretty badly, I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought it was just sore from working out. I went to the red this past Sunday and after one route my elbow began to hurt terribly. The pain doesn't seem to be on the inside or outside of my elbow, but directly on the bone. It kind of throbs when bent at 90 degrees but when completely straight it feels like people are jabbing needles into my elbow. I get the same feeling when I bend my elbow as much as possible. Does this sound like tendinitis or something else? I'm not really sure what it could be but I don't want to spend money going to the doctor if he/she is just going to tell me to take it easy and that I have tendinitis.
sounds like you have both tennis elbow and golf elbow at the same time.
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

Shamis wrote:
Cleveland wrote:After I left the gym last week I noticed that my elbow was hurting pretty badly, I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought it was just sore from working out. I went to the red this past Sunday and after one route my elbow began to hurt terribly. The pain doesn't seem to be on the inside or outside of my elbow, but directly on the bone. It kind of throbs when bent at 90 degrees but when completely straight it feels like people are jabbing needles into my elbow. I get the same feeling when I bend my elbow as much as possible. Does this sound like tendinitis or something else? I'm not really sure what it could be but I don't want to spend money going to the doctor if he/she is just going to tell me to take it easy and that I have tendinitis.
Is that like having two chicks at the same time?? :mrgreen:
"Do it"
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Cleveland wrote:
Shamis wrote:
Is that like having two chicks at the same time?? :mrgreen:
2 fat chicks with abrasive vag perhaps.