Leave your dogs in car while climbing at Muir, cool right?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Ok to leave your dogs in your car to climb at a place where dogs aren't aloud?

Cool
10%
Not cool
90%

Total votes: 42

krampus

Re: Leave your dogs in car while climbing at Muir, cool rig

Post by krampus »

while I am not advocating it, and I don't believe that Rick and Liz are ok with it. I would say that leaving a dog in a car is not always an awful thing to do. It depends entirely on the temperatures outside and weather or not the dog was walked properly before hand. Most dogs, like my dog, stay inside and sleep all day while we are at work, They don't care if they are in a car or in the house. Many dogs are crate trained anyway and spend 8+ hours in a crate while their owners are away. If its below 75 the dog probably won't be hurt or anything. That being said, I would not do it to Winnie, for social reasons I would not bring my most loyal friend out to the woods and make them stay in a car while I got to go romp around.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
stix

Post by stix »

who gives a shit. if you wanna leave your dog in the car and it isn't suffering....do it. if rick and liz have beef, ya oughta do what they say though.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Thoreau
Syphur

Post by Syphur »

Took me a few to find but The Webers have already spoke on this issue in a previous thread.

Barnacle Ben wrote:
14. Dogs are not allowed in Muir Valley. This includes the parking lot. Leaving your dog tied to your car or, worse yet, shut in your car puts you dog at unreasonable risk of injury or death by overheating.

http://www.muirvalley.com/warnings-rules.php

Thank you Ben for quoting from the published Rules for Muir Valley Visitors. I don't think we can say it any more clearly than that.

And, thank you, Josephine, for stepping up to a situation which could have put a dog at risk of serious overheating. We had to institute a No Dogs policy at Muir after years of irresponsible behavior on the part of a very few dog owners causing problems for other climbers.

Liz Weber
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

just more selfish climber bs really. your proj at Muir was way more important than being a responsible pet owner. this happens even at the crag when dogs are present (neglect) so can we assume this would be the same person whom allows their dog to run unleashed at Drive By because every other dog is doing it, plus my dog is nice anyway. (oops, sorry about him eating your sandwich, pissing on your pack, and stirring up a dust cloud. he is usually not like that...yawn.)
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
KD

Post by KD »

I would like to have a pet siamese elephant that's joined at the trunk - that would be so cool and you could take it to Muir because it's not a dog. I drive a pretty big truck so hauling the trailer wouldn't be much of a problem. It would also be cool to train a pet monkey to ride a unicycle across the joined trunks while holding an umbrella - omg that would be so sweet! They would never be left in the car though because they would be so cool that everybody would want to see them and all that. I would however, never take them to Roadside Crag because the owners would get all pissy - but that's a non issue anyway. The only real problem would be when my elephant/s got congested and went around snorting instead of being able to sneeze - that would be so sad.
roots

Post by roots »

I guess this means I'm not allowed to leave my kids in the car anymore while climbing or worse yet, tied to the bumper. Poor little guys...
Attachments
nat lamp.jpg
nat lamp.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
JAY~BO
4:20
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Depends on the temps and the length of time. The back of a pickup is just like a big comfy crate for a dog.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

SCIN wrote:Depends on the temps and the length of time. The back of a pickup is just like a big comfy crate for a dog.
same for kids in a car seat?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
KD

Post by KD »

pigsteak wrote:
SCIN wrote:Depends on the temps and the length of time. The back of a pickup is just like a big comfy crate for a dog.
same for kids in a car seat?
yes - if it's in the back of a pickup.