Possible dates for a pd meeting in december

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
climb2core

Re: Possible dates for a pd meeting in december

Post by climb2core »

KD wrote:who would want to date a pd anyway? Aren't they real real little people?
I heard they were a giant dick...
KD

Post by KD »

exactly
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

toad857 wrote:funny, considering that the petzl rocktrip was the reason the red blew up so fast like it did in the first place.
I started climbing in 2006, so I didn't know a whole lot about the history of the Red River Gorge. At the meeting with Shannon, I learned that after making the 2006 payment, the RRGCC was flat broke. They could no longer rely on one generous benefactor to continue the mortgage. Just about everyone (including most of the "locals" who live in KY) felt that the RRGCC was going to lose the property.

Michelle Ellington, Bentley Bracket and Morgain Sprague among others stepped up to the challenge of raising the entire $30k. I know Michelle told me how frustrating it was to try and solicit donations from local climbers, only to be told that there was no way to rasie that kind of money so they wouldn't contribute. This was no small task. had there been no petzl roc trip, there would probably be no PMRP today.

Until meeting with Shannon, I had no idea about that. If you're new to climbing, maybe you didn't know either.

Regardless of your beliefs, I personally believe that Petzl has done a wonderful thing for the RRG, and for the RRGCC, by providing the support we needed at a crucial time to make that payment. Obviously, they were not the only ones that made the payment that year, but their contribution was invaluable.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

I hate the way that the CC is run but you gotta give credit where credit is due.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Clevis Hitch wrote:I hate the way that the CC is run but you gotta give credit where credit is due.
What the hell have you done with Joe and why are you using his account?
clif

Post by clif »

training is for people who care, i have a job.
businessprofessional

Post by businessprofessional »

toad857 wrote:safety meeting? yeah. my place.
right.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Clevis Hitch wrote:It seems that Petzl was planning a rock trip to the Red and that because of all the perma-draw controversy they have cancelled plans to visit the Red. That means that all of the money for cabin rentals and all of the development that would have happened isn't. This means that businesses that you are a fan of and people that you like are missing out on a chance to have make some real money. This happened because a select few have tried to set the standard for us all. I think that actions like this will happen because the growth of the RED has been stunted by onerous organizations and govermental entities not negotiating in good faith.
Sad but true...

Petzl will continue to support the Rocktoberfest event. This year they made a direct sponsorship contribution of $2500, donated $500 in gear for auction and prizes, provided athletes for clinics, contributed to the local economy, etc. and they have budgeted to do the same for next year.

Unfortunately, funds were being budgeted for RockTrip Reunion during this incident and the bad publicity affected budget finalization. It's tough to say what the loss from this is but I think it’s fair to say at least a good chunk of cash for land purchases as well as income to the local economy.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

I think that the ultimate solution is to bolt more quality routes and take the focus off of the shit show that the mother lode has become. At least during the fall. Long term... only more diversified routes will aleviate the pressure.

oh, BTW join the SBC and look for sustainable solutions...
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
toad857

Post by toad857 »

businessprofessional wrote:
toad857 wrote:safety meeting? yeah. my place.
right.
exactly what a business professional would say.