Possible dates for a pd meeting in december

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
cletuswilcox

Possible dates for a pd meeting in december

Post by cletuswilcox »

Shannon is offering us the same space for a meeting concerning pd's at the Red in December. The dates available are December 14th, 19th and the 20th. Is there one of these that is better for people?
ynp1

Re: Possible dates for a pd meeting in december

Post by ynp1 »

The crew is soft.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
kneebar

Post by kneebar »

I would prefer a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Having all the meetings during a weeknight makes it tough for anyone coming from out of town........unless that is the intention. I do appreciate Shannon arranging for space and it may be the only available times. If that is the case the 19th would be the best for me, I would only have to take off half a day.

If anyone is interested in carpooling from Columbus, PM me.

Ken
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

You'll have to find another note taker. I'm going on a cruise :-D
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
cletuswilcox

Post by cletuswilcox »

There is talk of a video conferencing option for those of you that cant attend but want to.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Many people sincerely care about the RRG and are trying to work towards a resolution regarding PDs. I want to thank again, all those who have taken their time to attend the meeting(s), put time and energy into this subject, and who have contributed their constructive comments. Many good ideas have been put forward. I want to acknowledge those who have taken the time to make thoughtful posts and have reached out and had private communications with their fellow climbers. It may happen, it may not. But the point is, it is encouraging to see there is a sense of community that still exists and civic-minded climbers do who care.

Having said that, another larger meeting is being offered in December—three possible dates to accommodate schedules—again in Lexington at a later time in the evening. We can add a weekend date if that works better. Would Saturday or Sunday be better?

Not all view the need for any more meetings, which I certainly respect and understand that point of view, as well.

Some feel:
• They can think for themselves and meetings are a waste of time
• Consensus will be achieved through behavior, not meetings or pseudo rules
• The topic has been discussed to death, time to move on
• Nothing is going to make a difference
• They are satisfied with the results
Or any number of other possible feelings.

Still others feel:
• Not all points of view have been, or had a chance to be, represented
• Consensus is being achieved, although not perfect meetings are a good way to build consensus and wish to see it continue
• They did not get a chance to attend and would like their opportunity to weigh in
• It is time to start coming together as a community
• Want to come see, talk and listen to people they haven’t met but would like to know

I have offered the space and to moderate with one condition, that we work to continue to encourage a balanced discussion/attendance and there is enough interest.

Let me share with you my position. First, that there is nothing "official": about any of this. There is no forced compliance in climbing by other climbers. Unilateral action is discouraged unless to promote the immediate safety of self, or others. But I do feel voluntary group-encouraged compliance is a good thing and building consensus is the best way to get there. Second, that people can take a stand and attend this meeting, if they wish, and offer the balance that is needed. No one should be excluded from the process, even voluntarily. I hope everyone saw from the notes and from the comments that were made afterwards that people supported the way the meeting was conducted. Third, I truly believe in either being part of the solution or being part of the problem. One of my personal favorites is "Silence is the voice of complicity." It is true we do not have to have any meetings and things will move forward, one way or the other. And perhaps everyone has lost interest in any more meetings, which I can certainly understand and respect.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! The rain has stopped and the good climbing weather is back. Enjoy the holiday.

Thanks,
Shannon
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

stop saying safety.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Safety.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

safety meeting? yeah. my place.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

:roll:
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!