FRC Update

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
tcu

Re: FRC Update

Post by tcu »

You da man Jeff!
gilb

Post by gilb »

you da man Jeff...enough with the pics already :) though beach front property in the ville does sound tempting
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Edited original post to add There Goes the Neighborhood and Orange Juice to the list.
Also got the stubborn first bolt off Smokin Joe.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

The "One Man Army".
Can't we all just get along?
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

when ever you think you "may" be giving to the climbing community, the RRGCC, or whatever, please think of guys like Jeff. The amount of work that he and Teresa have single handily done at FRC deserves more respect than most can imagine. I kid you not, they have easily put in 200 hours out there in the past year, giving up good climbing days, going out in temps like today, all so the next generation can have superb safety in this playground of ours. Please tip your hat to this dynamic duo....and instead of just the lip service of "thanks' please put in time at an extra trail day or fundraiser. There are those that complain, and there are those that "do"....Jeff is a well oiled machine. You have my respect dude.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

After almost two years I am glad to say Theresa and I are done with Funk Rock!
With occasional help from Matt Tackett, JJ, Matt Johns and Lee Smith, we have hammered out 127 new bolts and hung shiny new anchors. In the process, we probably have the sweetest porch decorations in Lee County, at least from a climbers perspective :-)
With gratitude, I want to THANK Patrick Miller (climbtrad) for taking over the project and putting the lid on it by finishing out Prime Directive, Island in the Sky and one or two trad lines. 
Thanks to everyone who showed their faith by generously donating $ to make this happen. 
I love it when our screwed up little community comes together and gets it done!

As a reward to me, I would like to send Glory Be this weekend. If your out there, can I work into the rotation?
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

great work Jeff. Just make sure the top is dry. the last holds tend to hold water and it is heart breaking to get all the way up there just to find wetness
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Thanks, Jeff and Theresa!! I'll hang the draws on Glory Be for you this weekend. ;)
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
caribe

Post by caribe »

You are the rock Jeff! Your credit rating with me also went up a few 100 points.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

Thanks so much, Jeff and Theresa. What an inspiration.
Can't we all just get along?