PDs at Lode

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

Most Permadraws stripped from Lode today. What do YOU think??

Good
28%
Bad
61%
[FART!]
11%

Total votes: 181

pigsteak

Re: PDs at Lode

Post by pigsteak »

not yet..I havent sent it...but I should hang some steel draws, eh?

I hear I can get a set for real cheap at Miguel's
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Hahaha I bet they're already on eBay.
@@@

Post by @@@ »

Yea, 2.5-3K retail value, probably could get 0.5-1K for them.
@@@

Post by @@@ »

Just paid $400 for them all, what a sweet deal! Time to go hang all of the 5.10's in MV. Sharpest ones go on the anchors right?
flashmaster

Post by flashmaster »

We actually melted them down and got scrap value for them. We're funding our winter trip to Rifle to get all their PDs
We're going nationwide
Long Live The Crew!!!!
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

@@@ wrote:Just paid $400 for them all, what a sweet deal! Time to go hang all of the 5.10's in MV. Sharpest ones go on the anchors right?
Yep, and make sure you hang them all biner up, quicklink down
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

flashmaster wrote:We actually melted them down and got scrap value for them. We're funding our winter trip to Rifle to get all their PDs
We're going nationwide
Long Live The Crew!!!!

i heard you fashioned the melted draws into a gigantic boner that now sticks out of that big hueco above cosmic sausage. like a giant dildo crushing the sun.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
flashmaster

Post by flashmaster »

Yep we actually hung pds on the sausage cause we herd you were working that shit and wanted to facilitate your sending cause you ho are the only person that matters in the eyes of "the crew" we aim to please!
THB

Post by THB »

Andrew wrote: I think we should come up with a list of routes in the southern region that are acceptable for PD's. I was at Drive-By, which almost has more PD's than the lode, and some were super sketchy.
Maybe we can keep track of which routes get equipped with perma-steel-draws and which routes don't on the online guidebook. If this happends, then eventually people will learn to just check the online guidebook to see if it's acceptable to leave a route equipped or not... Good idea? Bad idea? Indifferent... Any other suggestions to this end (of coming up with a centralized easy to access list of routes that get equipped)?
Artsay wrote:
dssclimb wrote:The obvious compromise is to put the good steel gear back up on the steep difficult to clean routes(resurrection left) and leave the worn old gear off.
I would agree with this.
Finally... some people talking some sense.

On a side note, I was at the Lode this past Sunday and Convicted, Ale8, The Verdict, and The Low Easy One were all already re-equipped with aluminum project draws. I say "re-equipped" because I'm assuming that these 4 routes got stripped. Convicted and Ale8 get climbed on enough that I feel these aluminum draws will get pretty manky given just a few weeks. At what point do we all get tired of checking aluminum gear on routes such as these, and then stripping it once it gets bad, and then finally just giving in and equipping these routes with steel? On a related note, now that The Verdict and The Low Easy One are equipped with project draws, when do these routes become the new Chainsaw and KMITJ? If it's true that having pre-hung draws attracts the crowds, then people will just start climbing on The Verdict and The Low Easy one instead of on Chainsaw and KMITJ/Burlier's.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

THB wrote: On a side note, I was at the Lode this past Sunday and Convicted, Ale8, The Verdict, and The Low Easy One were all already re-equipped with aluminum project draws.
Now that shit is straight up fucking hilarious... even faster than expected! What a goddamned joke... did Das KRÜ already go to Bishop? Too busy clipping fixed draws at the Dark Side to keep up with their newly acquired cleaning duties??

So back to more interesting topics, that giant boner fashioned from melted down steel on the Sausage....