PDs at Lode

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

Most Permadraws stripped from Lode today. What do YOU think??

Good
28%
Bad
61%
[FART!]
11%

Total votes: 181

mcrib

Re: PDs at Lode

Post by mcrib »

Where is the thread about the rock stars?
"I just want to disappear"
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

The CREW is like ants? What does that mean ray?
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
vertical1

Post by vertical1 »

The attitude of the CREW is the same elitist attitude I heard in the spring from a long time red river climber about the closing of Roadside...."I dont give a fuck if they close it, I have climbed everything there I want to climb anyway"
captain static

Post by captain static »

WWJD - What Would Johnny Do ???
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
clif

Post by clif »

with all due respect- organize Plaid Day at the Lode?
training is for people who care, i have a job.
rmcfall

Post by rmcfall »

In my opinion, fixed draws are purely a luxury. I admit that I have enjoyed climbing on fixed draws these days, but it’s purely for selfish reasons. When it comes down to it, it’s easier. To me, this is a lousy reason to have fixe draws. Are they NECESSARY for “safe” climbing? No.

I happened to cross paths with Zac Sands yesterday. Since he was an unknown quantity to me, I had only made assumptions about him based on his actions and this thread. I assumed he was going to be some young, impulsive, juvenile-minded upstart with little capacity at this point in his life to really think outside the box. On every level, I was wrong. With regard to the current situation, his delivery may not have been the best, but I believe his thinking and intentions are in the right place.

As far as this thread goes, I think Brian Toy’s comments on pages 12 and 15 speak volumes. However, they appear to have just been glossed over. That’s a shame.

Lastly, I’ve read a lot here about letting the community decide. Does the climbing community at the Red really know what is in their best interest, or how to handle themselves? Let’s be for real here. That’s naive. Just look at the writing on the wall. And no, I’m not referring to the ridiculous colored chalk that marks handholds.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

cletuswilcox wrote:Michelle- .....Your opinions on etiquette mean even less to me after you have left the defects of my character open for public discussion on this website.
Heh. That's funny...
You do know Facebook is a global website, right? Next time maybe consider refraining from ranting obscenities on Facebook towards Lex climbers with kids and me with my dogs if you don't wanna leave the the defects of your character open for public discussion.
cletuswilcox wrote:Most of the gear in the Madness cave is in worse condition than any of the gear on the undertow was and in my opinion is more worthy of the climbtek draws.
And why is your opinion the deciding factor again? That's the part I'm having a hard time with...

Well, I went to the Lode today and it was like a normal day with crowds and all types of fiascos going on. Some girl climbed Tuna Town to a fixed piece and lowered, cleaning her gear on the way (one piece as safety, probably not a good idea...). Folks on the Undertow had to wait longer and work harder to clean their draws while those in the Madness Cave had it easy and hang-dogged just as much. Oh, except for the girl that on-sighted 40 who didn't make it look like she would've had a problem hanging her draws.

Today made me realize two things:
1. This stunt is only negatively affecting locals, visitors don't care and this wont keep them away
2. How much I think this to be a complete elitist action
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

rmcfall wrote:In my opinion, fixed draws are purely a luxury. I admit that I have enjoyed climbing on fixed draws these days, but it’s purely for selfish reasons. When it comes down to it, it’s easier. To me, this is a lousy reason to have fixe draws. Are they NECESSARY for “safe” climbing? No.
You know what else are luxuries and not necessary?
1. Writing a paper on a computer instead of a typewriter
2. Flying across the country instead of driving
3. Buying an item on the internet instead of driving to another city to get it

All examples of ways we have evolved as a society to become more efficient and the best at what we are trying to achieve.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
@@@

Post by @@@ »

After standing in the parking lot of Miguel's parking for two hours the reasoning for stripping the draws is still as vague as ever. Several good ideas were presented, mainly by one intelligent individual, but mostly just rambling. Hopefully something good comes of this.

Miguel's Parking Lot Meeting Highlight:
:x "Even the madness cave needs to be stripped"
:wink: "How many people here have actually cleaned a route in the madness cave"
:shock: ...no one raises their hand
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

Less talk more violence, take it to the yard like a cockfight you pussies!
"Do it"