The crowds are not going away... So what do we do?

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

EricDorsey

Re: The crowds are not going away... So what do we do?

Post by EricDorsey »

The red is great but so are hundreds of other areas through the south. Why do we have people driving from Ontario, New York, Atlanta that are driving by other good areas just to come to "the red"?
LK Day

Post by LK Day »

"anyone wearing blue jeans or flannel to the crag, eschews deodorant, or sports a beard or long hair" That was me, except for the part about no deodorant. I quit the gorge and the problem didn't go away.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

eric...what areas do people from ontario ans new york drive by that are even close to the red...lol
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

areas on the east coast that are closer than the red....lol
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

LK Day wrote:"anyone wearing blue jeans or flannel to the crag, eschews deodorant, or sports a beard or long hair" That was me, except for the part about no deodorant. I quit the gorge and the problem didn't go away.
lol...so now we get to blame you and your ilk for the recent rash of bad behavior.....people are the same thru the generations, wouldn't you agree....
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

I am thinking...thinking..and I can not think of a single crag that holds water to the Red that is north and east from here....just yanking yer chain...there are some manufactured quarries in pennsylvania that are almost as good.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

The ONLY way to control access to a limited resource is to charge money for it. If demand is still too high...you charge more.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Look at the Gunks... It is $17 a day to climb and it is still stupid backed. Worst then any crag I have seen in the red.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

How about the New? Its basically the same distance as the red from most places in Michigan/Ontario yet it seems like a majority of the people come here cause ITS THE RED!!!! Same with people driving from the south passing all the great crags down there to come to the red. Just seems like its the place to be even though there is a ton of other great places out there.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

lol...agreed...we have been to the Obed twice in recent months, and have been amazed at the climbing and the lack of crowds.... I'd argue the steep climbs are better than the Red....