Is it a send?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
climb2core

Re: Is it a send?

Post by climb2core »

gneiss wrote:it's a message board on which my (and everyone elses) opinion was asked about clipping anchors. i figured that victory whips were a pretty related tangent to get into.

and no, I'm not saying any of this is fact just my opinion. i happen to think it's a pretty well reasoned opinion but you can and should take it for what it is worth. I've just always thought it was a pretty straight forward thing. climb to the top, clip the anchors. if it doesn't happen like that then try again.
I am actually in agreement with you on the victory whip thing... well kind of. Clip at least one and you are good to go IMO.
Toy

Post by Toy »

Did you not see me unclip Gneiss? :)
gneiss

Post by gneiss »

all i ever saw was you clangin your finger around the chains/anchors like you were calling the farmhands in for supper! :lol:
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

so clearly it depends on how gripped you are..if you barely clip one anchor and fall, no send. if you have the juice to clip both, but are too cool to do so, send.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

pigsteak wrote:so clearly it depends on how gripped you are..if you barely clip one anchor and fall, no send. if you have the juice to clip both, but are too cool to do so, send.

That is exactly the case. So, you just have to look casual and cool even when you are gripped out to take the send. Climbing is all about style and looking good...
schwagpad

Post by schwagpad »

gneiss wrote:
Toy wrote:Why ya gotta call me out like that Gene? Thought I'd fooled everyone all this time and ya gotta go and squash my dreams of glory. I would expect this from your brother, but not you!
Nah, my bro is too nice. He'd let you get away with that BS all day long.

So my question is this: Why get to the top and only clip one anchor? fixed draws with only one on there, ok, i kinda get it. but man if you got up there and couldn't hold on to clip the second that's a different story. And believe me I'm familiar with the situation I was great at getting to the final jug and not being able to clip. but I also got back on 'em and climbed up and clipped the bastards.
So I'm either a shit-talker or a shit-taker - too nice to my brother and a dick to my friends. This is totally backwards. I gotta recombobulate.
Toy

Post by Toy »

I don't get it either Schwag. That's not the way my bro is with me and certainly not the way my 2 boys are with each other. We had to hide the steak knives at our house to keep them from having to wear prison orange
aburgoon

Post by aburgoon »

plenty of areas in Europe have only one anchor. What you think of them apples?

Most anchors are pretty arbitrary stopping points anyways...less we forget where climbing came from, a real send means standing on top of something.
gneiss

Post by gneiss »

schwagpad wrote:
gneiss wrote:
Toy wrote:Why ya gotta call me out like that Gene? Thought I'd fooled everyone all this time and ya gotta go and squash my dreams of glory. I would expect this from your brother, but not you!
Nah, my bro is too nice. He'd let you get away with that BS all day long.

So my question is this: Why get to the top and only clip one anchor? fixed draws with only one on there, ok, i kinda get it. but man if you got up there and couldn't hold on to clip the second that's a different story. And believe me I'm familiar with the situation I was great at getting to the final jug and not being able to clip. but I also got back on 'em and climbed up and clipped the bastards.
So I'm either a shit-talker or a shit-taker - too nice to my brother and a dick to my friends. This is totally backwards. I gotta recombobulate.
you can be both. they aren't exclusive