The Road to Sore Heel

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Josephine

Re: The Road to Sore Heel

Post by Josephine »

Piggy,

Yours is a great and logical suggestion. I know the RRGCC has identified the road as a problem and our current land manager has been working with the county to address the issues. Unfortunately, the problem is not a quick fix and it's not one that a few thousand dollars can fix either. And the county works on the county's time-line - despite the weekly phone calls and requests. But I know on the priority list it's way up there! :-)
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

thx Josi. I know you guys got your hands full right now..I hadn't been back there in what seemed like forever, and it just struck me how bad it had gotten.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I drove in the back way on Saturday and it was in better shape than the front way.
Living the dream
Foster

Post by Foster »

+1 with Pigsteak. RRGCC should raise another $20k and pave that thing next year
caribe

Post by caribe »

--- deleted post ---
Last edited by caribe on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dssclimb

Post by dssclimb »

Once again! You can park at the top of the motherlode hill and walk in. Just like muir valley.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

caribe wrote:
Andrew wrote:I drove in the back way on Saturday and it was in better shape than the front way.
Yes, let's all use the back entrance. We can do a little road work on it to make it passable for any car.

I surely wasn't alluding to that, and I hope your joking. I would not take a car the back way, and the back way is different every time I go because of the nature of its a creek.
Living the dream
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

yes, I do hope he was joking... that is a terrible recommendation.

If you can't drive the road safely then park at the Lode or on top of the hill, with your doors unlocked and car empty, and walk. Most of the current problems will improve in a month or so when the fair weather masses depart.
caribe

Post by caribe »

--- deleted ---
Last edited by caribe on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

The problem with the back is that it changes every time it rains. sometimes the rains make it better, and sometimes they make it worse. It just happens to be good right now.
Living the dream