The Road to Sore Heel

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
rjackson

Re: The Road to Sore Heel

Post by rjackson »

I'm with Pigsteak on this one... The section of "road" is actually a trail now. And the people who "like" the road in its current condition will not be happy in a few months (or next Spring) when they can't get their cars back there (even if they "do" know how to drive) because clearance has become an issue. And it will. If the CC is truly about access, then this may be a major opportunity...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Agree with Kipp and Russ on this one, and I drive the road just fine twice a week or so... that stretch is now the worst section of all of Bald Fork Rd, including the 5 river crossings. It is not sustainable in its current condition and will be toast by March.
caribe

Post by caribe »

Trail day for road work to fill clearance issues etc.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

I don't think that's technically legal. I do think a big PMRP parking lot on the left by the new mountain bike trail below the Hideaway would be a good idea.
KD

Post by KD »

is it the sore heel road or bald rock fork road?
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Bald Fork before the Sore Heel turn.
KD

Post by KD »

ooooh. Thanks! yep that's county property and up to them.
caribe

Post by caribe »

dustonian wrote:I don't think that's technically legal. I do think a big PMRP parking lot on the left by the new mountain bike trail below the Hideaway would be a good idea.
No one would care as long as we did not try to grade it--pipeline issues.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

I don't think dumping gravel in the deep holes would be against the law. Of course, first big rain will wash it all out.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

The problem with the road is that runs along a creek. For many years that section of the road was perfect, and then after this springs record rains the road turned into a river for a long time. Combine that with cars and heavy trucks using the river road, it was destroyed. If we really want to fix the road then it should probably be rebuilt further away from the creek so that it won't be the lowest spot in the valley. Just saying.
Living the dream