Rockhouse Burglarized

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

Ashlee

Re: Rockhouse Burglarized

Post by Ashlee »

We called the Lee Co. PD and they sent an officer out, took a report at the parking lot and said it'd be ready for us in 8-10 days. Hopefully everyone else is doing the same and they'll realize they should keep an eye out.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

nice
Jamelyn

Post by Jamelyn »

dustonian wrote:anybody been reporting these break-ins to the Beattyville PD? .... Squeaky wheel etc etc.
I called and filed a report yesterday (had to wait until I got back to the land of cell phone service).... the lady who took my info said there had been 5 break-ins reported somewhat recently (not counting the 2 that happened yesterday). Seven to eight cars so far sounds like they might need to pay attention... one would think (sigh).

pawilkes wrote:does anyone know if a car with an alarm has been broken into in the Southern Region? I don't live in the area anymore, but I never had an issue and I wonder if it was due to the alarm (with it's blinking red dash light) that made thieves decide to pass on mys car or if i just got lucky. if i was breaking into cars i'd avoid setting off an alarm and just break into cars without obvious alarms.
My Subaru has a blinking red light on the dash denoting the alarm... didn't seem to deter them. Unfortunately, the alarm is only set off when a door is opened. I had someone break into my car the same way back in Athens a couple of years ago... there's no alarm set off by someone smashing the window and crawling into the vehicle. Good to know, after the fact... I guess?
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

camhead

Post by camhead »

Jamelyn wrote:
I called and filed a report yesterday (had to wait until I got back to the land of cell phone service).... the lady who took my info said there had been 5 break-ins reported somewhat recently (not counting the 2 that happened yesterday). Seven to eight cars so far sounds like they might need to pay attention... one would think (sigh).

It would be nice if law enforcement departments in KY could get something like this together.

http://home.nps.gov/applications/digest ... =incidents
faceholdonacrackclimbDAB!
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

That is it, I have had enough. I will be lurking in the woods with my sidearm and my crossbow. Crossbow makes more of a mess but at least I will not draw any attention to the area.
Last edited by milspecmark on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

Oh and if the theif is reading this, I will be in the Black Jeep with black wheels. There will be plenty of MP3 players, cash and booze sitting on the front seat. Come get it.
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

I say we set up a sting operation!
"Do it"
toad857

Post by toad857 »

dustonian wrote:They've been running the drunk driver checkpoint every day at the 11/715 junction
good point.

any climber who gets stopped here should ask them: "have you guys decided to do anything about the break ins?"
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

This is my suggestion.

http://www.amazon.com/Scouting-Wildlife ... 90&sr=8-18

Set it up when you get out of your car in a tree not far from the vehicle. When you leave after climbing all day, detach it from the tree. If you get broken into, you have the evidence you need to identify the person to the police.

Or you could adapt the suggestion Blake made. You can print the avatar of me when I looked like Joe Dirt, and post it on your window, along with something else that is printed saying, "Vehicle protected by this guy and his Mossberg."

Seriously though, the scouting camera could work.
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder