Rockhouse Burglarized

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

abrouwer

Rockhouse Burglarized

Post by abrouwer »

Hey all. Two nights ago, the red River Rockhouse was broken into via a sad attempt at prying the front door and then eventually by breaking one of the front windows. The guy got away with our power tools, but failed to realize that he was being recorded by our cameras (not that he could have done much as the footage loads onto an offsite server). We made a copy of the video and gave it to the local state cop that was handling the case and he shopped it around to the local departments and such. In Beattyville, a detective recognized the guy immediately and they went to his house and arrested him and recovered our tools. Pretty psyched that we got them back at all, much less in a day and a half. Anyways, the purpose of writing this is because I was speaking to the Beattyville detective and he said that Trial Putt (and forgive me if that's not exactly his name) was likely with the guy who hit us. I learned from Susan over at Miguel's that he is the fine citizen that is responsible for many of the prior break-ins at the Red. Well he is out of jail again and allegedly right back at his old ways. The Beattyville detective (I'll get his name today) is hell bent on catching him, so if anyone has a problem, let the police in Beattyville know. If he gets caught again, especially in the National Forest (which is what the cop is gunning for) he'll actually be going away for a while this time...especially if it's a federal charge. Anyways, I just thought I'd try to get the word out there so we can try to get it solved before we all lose too much.

Cheers,
Aaron
Onsighting saves both time and energy.
DriskellHR

Re: Rockhouse Burglarized

Post by DriskellHR »

Glad you got ur stuff back. Thanks for the heads up.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker
Eric Cox

Post by Eric Cox »

The creep's last name is Tutt.
Someone should take him rock climbing, (oops, I forgot to hold my brake hand on the rope), and save the tax payers some $$ by locking him up.
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

I sure hope they get this guy. I hate leaving my car anywhere in the Red because of this ass. I never got any details on how he was caught before, but did someone beat him up at least?
KD

Post by KD »

glad you got justice
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Great job on getting him on camera and getting your stuff back.
Sorry you have to fix a door and window, but hopefully this will help lead to putting him away. Again.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

Glad it worked out for you so quickly. Is the rockhouse open yet?
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Question- Is Trial Tutt free again after he hit you? FYI he lives down on Shoemaker Ridge Rd. Google Beattyville county clerk data for his dad, Tutt (I forget his first name). His house address pops up. google maps take you straight to his address.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Dilenquent Taxes 2010 Updated 28 July 2011. from http://www.beattyville.org

6043 TUTT DONNIE 520 OLD FINCASTLE RD 00 11,000.00 38 $227.14 265.14
6043 TUTT DONNIE 520 OLD FINCASTLE RD 00 2,000.00 38 $63.39 101.39
6045 TUTT DONNIE & MARY 514 OLD FINCASTLE RD 00 25,000.00 38 $481.87 519.87

His Dad, and where he has lived recently, I believe.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
abrouwer

Post by abrouwer »

I'm not sure if Tutt got beat up or not last time he got caught, but I sure as he'll hope he did. And the Rockhouse is not open just yet. We are ready, but unlike the police in beattyville, the guy at the state that deals with water not near as efficient. We made some changes to our bathrooms to be more accessible to our patrons in wheelchairs and in doing so, we had to resubmit our plumbing riser and the changes to it. It then sat on a desk for 50 days at the division of plumbing and then went to the division of water (for now about 80 more days) where our well was reclassified to a public water source. So now we are putting in more equipment to satisfy this change in status. It seems to be wrapping up at the state, so we'll know when we can open pretty quick. Sorry for the lengthy reply, but there are no short answers when dealing with a restaurant and government.

Nice job Lurkist. I'd buy up the delinquent taxes and place a lien on the property, but his dad has certainly suffered enough just having that kid as a son.
Onsighting saves both time and energy.