Moderator: terrizzi

Andrew

Re: ReBolting the Mother Lode

Post by Andrew »

calvinivlac wrote:Hey Lurk and RRGCC folks,

How about applying for this?

http://www.americanalpineclub.org/cornerstone

See also: http://climbingnarc.com/2011/06/america ... nt-program

Not to take away from all the folks contributing, but if not for the lode, maybe for Roadside, etc.?

In case you forgot, roadside is closed.
Living the dream
calvinivlac

Post by calvinivlac »

I didn't forget. Why does that matter? This is a way to apply for funds for crag sustainability. I'm sure Grant might be able to use these funds for the Preserve, as would any other areas in the RRG.

The American Alpine Club's Cornerstone Conservation Grant funds essential infrastructure at climbing areas. Individuals or communities that see a need for local infrastructure can propose projects that will improve, conserve, and protect their climbing resources for years to come.

This year, $25,000 in grants will go toward local projects that can include but are not limited to: fixed anchor improvement, new trails, human waste management solutions, parking, and signage. Funds also may be used in part for training on techniques for local crag conservation and sustainability as part of the infrastructure project. Applicants may be individual climbers on behalf of a local climbing organization, regional club, or public agency, an AAC Section or climbing group, or not-for-profit (501 (C)(3)) organization. Grants range from $1,000 to $15,000, depending on the size and scope of project.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

calvinivlac wrote:I didn't forget. Why does that matter? This is a way to apply for funds for crag sustainability. I'm sure Grant might be able to use these funds for the Preserve, as would any other areas in the RRG.

The American Alpine Club's Cornerstone Conservation Grant funds essential infrastructure at climbing areas. Individuals or communities that see a need for local infrastructure can propose projects that will improve, conserve, and protect their climbing resources for years to come.

This year, $25,000 in grants will go toward local projects that can include but are not limited to: fixed anchor improvement, new trails, human waste management solutions, parking, and signage. Funds also may be used in part for training on techniques for local crag conservation and sustainability as part of the infrastructure project. Applicants may be individual climbers on behalf of a local climbing organization, regional club, or public agency, an AAC Section or climbing group, or not-for-profit (501 (C)(3)) organization. Grants range from $1,000 to $15,000, depending on the size and scope of project.

It was a joke, bro.
Living the dream
calvinivlac

Post by calvinivlac »

Your humor sucks.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

calvinivlac wrote:Your humor sucks.
Now that is funny.
vertical1

Post by vertical1 »

I would say apply for it on behalf of the lode or toilets at sore heel, or the lode, not roadside. Roadside is privately owned, and as such, access can be cut off without notice.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Your overreaction sucks
Living the dream
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Andrew wrote:
Your overreaction sucks
Funnier
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

vertical1 wrote:I would say apply for it on behalf of the lode or toilets at sore heel, or the lode, not roadside. Roadside is privately owned, and as such, access can be cut off without notice.

No way Vert, climber-land owners would never do that!!!
727foxtree

Post by 727foxtree »

Is no one sponsoring, Sam Krieg??