ACCESS TO ROADSIDE - closed unttil further notice

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

pigsteak

Re: ACCESS TO ROADSIDE - closed unttil further notice

Post by pigsteak »

grant, i will gladly strip the route and perma draws if the original perps do not step up..just holler.
kipp
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

I betcha we could tag team that proj in about 90 minutes flat...
Ashlee

Post by Ashlee »

While I cannot begin to know how to take down a bolt line, I know how to pick up trash rather well... if you need a couple sets of hands to clean up the area or help with trail maintenance please let us know!
Monty

Post by Monty »

I hate to hear about the closure, but I completely understand and it had to be done. It is such a good place to climb. I just hope that this is a wake-up call to all the individuals who are not respectful of the crag and/or its owners. It has been over a year since I have been at Roadside, but there is so many routes I would like to get on. Hopefully this does not stay a permanent closure.
EricDorsey

Post by EricDorsey »

Yes really sad to hear, one of my favorite areas to visit at the red.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Gotta say, dogs digging holes at the crag is a big issue, many years' worth of human erosion caused in less than 2 minutes (check out the base of Solar Collector--what a shitshow!!). Get a handle on your pooches, people... or leave them at home (even better).
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Meadows wrote:I thought I recall that guy saying he acquired permission from the owners to bolt or are you talking about the route immediately to the right of Up Yonder that is missing a bolt and is a bit chossy (and was dthere long before your purchase)?
Good point. Just to be clear, I was referring to the few bolts to the right of Sand that were put in a few years back. The line is chossy and probably a non-starter. The guy that was bolting that day (Mike?) did say he had permission, but from whom I do not know.
tundrawolf_

Post by tundrawolf_ »

We're quick to distance ourselves from other groups of people by saying "oh, it was that group of people letting their dogs dig holes, leave trash, etc". It's also your fault. You were there, you let it happen.

Bitch at people when they have music on. It's not safe. If they want to jam out while climbing, point them towards the gym.

Pick up trash when you see it. "But it's someone else's trash!". Yeah. Pick it up anyways.

We have very generous people giving us free reign on their own property yet we act like we're patrons at a store and it should be the store's responsibility to clean up after the kid running amok.

Act like responsible owners. If someone threw cigarette butts in your floor at home you'd bitch them out. Do the same at the gorge.

(This rant is brought to you by someone tired of seeing trash in the PMRP and on trails at the gorge).
caribe

Post by caribe »

tundrawolf most definitely!!
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Standard practice is to take a plastic bag with you to popular crags. I leave the cliff with a full bag of gathered trash every time.