Take a vote

Posts here will show on front page

Moderator: terrizzi

mike_a_lafontaine

Re: Take a vote

Post by mike_a_lafontaine »

Ultimately, there is one guidebook that is used for the Red. Whatever name goes in the guide book is likely to be used for the route, regardless of who actually has naming "rights". Perhaps ask them to whom they plan on reporting the name?
Last edited by mike_a_lafontaine on Tue May 17, 2011 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

you know, I tried that with the wife last week "do you know who I am?'

her response, "the guy who loads the dishwasher...now chop chop...."
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

your THAT guy??!!? Wow, now I am impressed!!!
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

What, Pigsteak ... you don't like "Tunnel Buddies"?
Toad

Post by Toad »

Bad Meadows!
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
JR

Post by JR »

pigsteak wrote:talking to some random dude today, and he informed me that he and his bud had already named this new trad line, even before they had been on it. no anchors, no scrubbing, just eye balled it and named it. I mentioned that i had had my eye on the same line, and he said no worries, go ahead and do the FA, but the name stays.....

am I missing something?

I am pretty sure you are just baiting people into discussing your shifty practice of naming routes that you bolted but haven't sent.....

It's all about the Pigsteak.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Douchebags fer sure.

BTW, it ain't really "trad" just because you stick cams in it after inspecting, cleaning, and slamming in anchor bolts on rappel. You gotta do that shit ground-up... very exciting in the Red! Did a beauty of a new line today, all of 5.8+ but plenty exciting in traditional style...
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

dustonian wrote:Douchebags fer sure.

BTW, it ain't really "trad" just because you stick cams in it after inspecting, cleaning, and slamming in anchor bolts on rappel. You gotta do that shit ground-up... very exciting in the Red! Did a beauty of a new line today, all of 5.8+ but plenty exciting in traditional style...

agreed..I should have said gear protected route.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

pigsteak wrote:agreed..
Well, that sure wasn't any fun.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

So is there really any difference than when naming a crag you are going to develop, before all the routes are completed (bolted, cleaned, sent and in the books)?

And since Pig won't bite, I'll throw at the 'trad' style. It's cool to believe that bottom up FAs are 'better' style, but gear routes today 'are' trad routes no matter how you style it. If the ground up 'style' points matter, then you should give up sticky rubber, dynamic ropes and SLCUs... (see, wasn't that more fun... :wink: )
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad