Ambulance at RS sat night.

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
One-Fall

Ambulance at RS sat night.

Post by One-Fall »

Anyone know if they are ok?
Can't we all just get along?
weber

Re: Ambulance at RS sat night.

Post by weber »

My guess - the guy is going to be fine. Banged up a little. At Ro (again!). This is becoming a milk run for WCSART. We just finished 8 hours of highline rescue training at Muir, when we were toned out to Roadside.

Big Thanks to Zac Sands who, as first responder, immobilized and held the patient's head until the medics arrived. Also for his help, along with other climbers, in carrying Jake out to an ambulance.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I hope that best for him, not sure what happened but that route does attract accidents. I don't think people realize how close those boulders are to the route.
Living the dream
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

Andrew wrote:I hope that best for him, not sure what happened but that route does attract accidents. I don't think people realize how close those boulders are to the route.
I wonder if adding a perma-cleaning draw would prevent the swing? I imagine it would either not be used properly or be stolen pretty quickly though
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Silk

Post by Silk »

The fifi hook on the first bolt trick is great for that type of situation, althoughi admit a couple weeks ago my friend bouldered up to clean the first draw, another fine option if you've strong friends....
vertical1

Post by vertical1 »

Was the person injured cleaning the route? or we all just speculating about it? I do agree that Ro needs a cleaning draw. I left a cleaner biner on it in late may, and someone stole it as booty within two weeks.
camhead

Post by camhead »

Silk wrote:The fifi hook on the first bolt trick is great for that type of situation, althoughi admit a couple weeks ago my friend bouldered up to clean the first draw, another fine option if you've strong friends....
Yeah, those are both great tactics. Unfortunately, I suspect that a lot of the demographic that chooses to climb Ro does not know about cleaning tricks. Hence many of the accidents.
faceholdonacrackclimbDAB!
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Climbing specific Darwinian effect.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie