If this is how pros are treated i dont want to be a Pro

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.
jdstic2

If this is how pros are treated i dont want to be a Pro

Post by jdstic2 »

I sent a pair of my shoes and a pair of my friend's shoes to be "resoled" by Pro Deal Resoles. Nearly 3 months now, and 2 months after he charged my credit card NO SHOES, and NO CONTACT with company. Dozens of emails sent and phone calls made and no response. I contacted the better business bureau in Colorado but they couldn’t contact him. Called my credit card company to get it worked out and they couldn’t even reach him. This guy is stealing shoes. I’m thinking about taking a trip out there to give him a piece of my mind

DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY, THE ARE STEALING SHOES
Cromper

Re: If this is how pros are treated i dont want to be a Pro

Post by Cromper »

A friend of mine has had the same problem. Sent his shoes in about 4 months ago and still no shoes and no calls back. Disappointing.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

don't worry Jordan, you're not good enough to be a pro

on a serious note, I sent them some shoes a couple years ago and got my stuff back all though it took a while
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
shear

Post by shear »

best resoler I've seen is Rock and Resole out of Boulder. Professional, super quick turn around, and really good people. Never heard of Prodeal resoles.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

shear wrote:best resoler I've seen is Rock and Resole out of Boulder. Professional, super quick turn around, and really good people. Never heard of Prodeal resoles.
+1

Rubber Room in Bishop is second best.
JR

Post by JR »

Weird. I have used Pro Deal with no problem. It was cheap and the turn around was good. The resole was fine. I wonder what happen???
pkananen

Post by pkananen »

They were good about two years ago. Last fall it took forever to get my shoes back. I was pissed. A lot of people are complaining on mountainproject.com as well.
KD

Post by KD »

I used to use Rubber Room Resoles in Bishop Ca. I dont know if they are still around but they were a good deal. Probably the owner of Pro Deal is a hardcore climber who travels a lot and does resoles when he can. Same prob in other climber businesses - like the old hold company Pusher. Best product on the market in its day but the owners and employees were elite boulderers who travelled and climbed first and filled orders when they wanted to. This is why most of the climbing support businesses have had problems staying around unless they are super organized and focused businesses such as Black Diamond and like that. aka hippies + playtime + business = eventual failure.
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

Pros don't resole....they get what ever shoe they want from their company...
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
dustonian

Post by dustonian »

Ha ha good point Margarita!