LASIK

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
ditzywonder

Re: LASIK

Post by ditzywonder »

as far as the medical side of it, everyone's eyes deteriorate with age, usually starting around your 40's the near vision (reading/computer ect) starts to fade. The sooner you get lasik (early 20's) the more benefit you get from it. Once you reach your 40's you can get mono vision (one eye sees up close, one far away) which usually works pretty well. Of course all things also depend on your health conditions, and medical eye history. Most Lasik surgeons offer free consultations (just don't expect to walk out with a new glasses or contact prescription) and can go over all your options with you as far as treatment and cost.
black diamonds are a girls best friend
KD

Post by KD »

an eye doctor told me to put warm Murine in my eyes and I misunderstood and didn't hear the "M." It was the biggest hard-to-aim goddam mess you have ever seen!
chester

Post by chester »

I had it done on a Friday back in 2004 and shot a wedding the next day with no problems. Haven't had any issues and lovin life without glasses!
[size=84]Women are like tea bags. They don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water.[/size]
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

As Ditzy said, we both had LASIK. It was pretty cool. My consultation included an all expenses afternoon at Keeneland. Your mileage may vary ;)

Seriously, though, I went from 20/400+ to 20/15. The day after the surgery, I was 20/30. I continued to recover and eventually settled at 20/15. And as far as the before...at 20/400+ I could not see the big "E" on the exam.

Worth every penny.
Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
kek-san

Post by kek-san »

where did you end up going?
"Dying?" Man, that's the last thing I want to do. - overheard
Xtant

Post by Xtant »

http://www.abelleyes.net/

Dr Abell. That's who Ditzy worked for at that time.
Sure is a lot of fun while you're doing it...
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Talk to Blake before you go to Abell.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
ditzywonder

Post by ditzywonder »

im happy with my surgery with dr abell, but i would actually recommend Dr. Koffler. He has an excellent reputation, and he isn't in it to make money like some surgeons are. (read: he cares more about his patients than making money off of them). Dr Fergason is also a good bet as far as a high quality surgeon in Lexington, but i do believe he is a little more pricy. If you want cheap i hear lasik plus has a fairly new guy with not a lot of experience.....but the rates are cheap :)
black diamonds are a girls best friend