red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
SCIN

Re: red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Post by SCIN »

Screw you pig. You better not destroy Malice. Man glue ain't so bad unless it's holding the entire route together like Pile Driver.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Garmin

Post by Garmin »

don't worry, he will need some C4 to get that thing off now
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

to penis or to not to penis. That is the grasp/. I'm against and I'm for. What to do... If you can sleep at night without startling yourself saying,"What the fuck!?" Then you are in the minority because most of us have experienced a small =penis.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
allah

Post by allah »

Its obviously not my PJ anymore, apparently it will be chopped then rebolted. Do what you will with the route, maybe one day ill get angry enough and smash them damn fuckin bolts, just maybe!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I didn't know rock climbing was such serious business. Who knew?
Living the dream
Pumpkin

Post by Pumpkin »

allah wrote:Its obviously not my PJ anymore, apparently it will be chopped then rebolted. Do what you will with the route, maybe one day ill get angry enough and smash them damn fuckin bolts, just maybe!
Once you open up a route isn't it then obviously not your project anymore....you've still bolted it, but its not a project your working on
allah

Post by allah »

No its never been a PJ that I was going to climb, it was obvious from the start that this was way above my abilities. But when you still put the time into establishing a route you have a connection with it. I'm sure that The Lurkist still has some connection with 50 words for pump and he bolted that thing like 12 or 13 years ago. I will always remember the few days I had establishing the routes on that wall, even if they are to hard for me to actually climb on. Apparently you didn't see the "sarcasm" in my last post anyways!
JR

Post by JR »

Sorry about your route getting fucked with Allah.

This reminds me of a story...

I live in the 'hood. And as someone that lives in the 'hood I drive an old car. When my old car got to where I couldn't justify fixing it anymore, I bought a slightly newer car. I sold my old car to a neighbor. I was comfortable doing this because it was a fair price and I was completely forthright about the car's shortcomings. A week later I regretted my decision to sell my car....

My neighbor pimped my ride. He glued on shiney hubcaps, put home speakers in the back window, gave it racing stickers, and a kazoo exhaust.

To each his own I guess. Makes you mad but gotta let it go Allah. They have to climb that glue job. You don't.
allah

Post by allah »

I never was upset about the glue, It was more the fact of the tag and no one knowing why it was there. I mean hell, one of the most popular routes I have established has glue on it. I feel i did a good job gluing it, most people have no clue it is there. From the beginning I knew a few holds would need reinforced and a bolt added/moved. It all came down the the tag, the people I talked with knew the route needed some maintenance but didn't really understand why the tag was there. That is when I decided to make my original post, maybe I didn't use the best words (may have over thought the situation) to phrase what was going on. I bolted the route to be an open PJ at the start for everyone to try. I was there a few weeks ago and saw that a bolt had been added and there was glue on a few of the holds, my thought, the route is ready to be climbed, not red tagged.
sendit

Post by sendit »

It seems that the red tag in question was put there to warn others of potential danger (holds flying off, wet glue, bolts being moved) etc. However, It serves the same purpose as when a bolter red tags a route to tell others "STAY OFF TILL I SEND".
Question: is one form of red tagging more acceptable than the other?
Seems easier to justify the red tag for safety reasons than for the FA. But perhaps we need something different than the red tag, since it has so many different emotions tied to it when a route is having "maintenance" done to it.
all you haters die slow.