red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
allah

red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Post by allah »

OK I have gotten word from a few people in the Red that there is a red tag on a project at the Chocolate Factory that I BOLTED! I never once put a tag on it and never wanted one on it. The route doesn't need a tag on it and who ever put it on there needs to take it down. If you want to tag a route then get off your ass and go bolt your own routes!!!!!! What does the community think?
One-Fall

Re: red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Post by One-Fall »

There is nothing to "think" about. You bolted it and opened it up. End of subject.
Can't we all just get along?
KD

Post by KD »

I think it should be like the old west. If you claim your ground then so be it. Just because a person didn't bolt the line doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to tag it. For instance - if Redpoint redtags twinkie so people will stay the hell off of his project then that should be okay. If you want to reserve a crag for your special event or day then you should be able to put little red tags on all of the routes and that should suffice. Boulders would require either bolting or simply red paint on the boulder - kind of like the kids here in the ghetto I live in tag things that dont really belong to them to mark their particular spot for recreation. For traditional lines we could put in a big red brick within the crack - or perhaps one of those red garden stepping stones would be nice - jus nothing too big as to be tacky. If somebody had a problem with the previously claimed tagged territory they could protest by writing "sux" in spray paint over the tag such as is done here in the ghetto. For instance"Crips - sux, Bloods - sux..." etc

ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

that's a new one to me, how does one justify that?
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
KD

Post by KD »

are you saying it "sux?"
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Alright allah, whats the whole story. Can I assume we are talking about Honeycomb. I have heard some recent drama about that route.
Living the dream
allah

Post by allah »

Don't really need to get into the whole story I just don't see how someone feels justified in tagging a route they did not find and bolt. What drama have you heard tall man?
Toad

Post by Toad »

What? More entitlement? By climbers?
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
Garmin

Post by Garmin »

It's not red tagged because it is closed or because someone is trying to claim it, it just needs some glue on it and everyone getting on it currently is aware of the situation. Don't worry, no one is trying to retro-red tag the route. They just want to ensure that it stays the awesome line that it is and that the holds needed to send the route stay on it so it doesn't become impossible. It will be glued very soon!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Are we sure the route is unclimbable with out the broken hold? Are we sure this is ok with all parties involved? Its not like this is a route some random people will get on, this makes no sense with the limited amount of people trying this route.
Living the dream