looking for climbing holds

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
TIT

looking for climbing holds

Post by TIT »

I am in the process of building a home gym for the winter but am very limited on budget, does anyone have any beta on where to by gym holds for a reasonable price? or does anyone have any holds they are wanting to get rid of? hit me back if you have any suggestions.
TITJJT
toad857

Re: looking for climbing holds

Post by toad857 »

you can make your own out of virtually anything, and cover them with grip tape (skateboard website) or paint mixed with sand.

or, ask hold companies for their seconds. those are basically the defects, but they still do the trick and are often cheaper, plus you can get lots of individual holds that way.
TIT

Post by TIT »

thanks for the beta, i will try contacting hold companies and see what i can get, have you had luck doing that before? any companies easier to deal with than others?
TITJJT
jordancolburn

Post by jordancolburn »

I've gotten a small hangboard from So Ill holds that was a second, they were selling it on ebay at a pretty reduced priced. Little discolored, works perfectly.
jhauk

Post by jhauk »

We have had good luck with So ill holds at a reduced cost and they are a nice company. We also have extra holds and willing
to sell. Give us a pm.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

check out these guys from ohio:

http://www.rockcandyholds.com/
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Tom, see if Lourdes & Miguel / Santi have any extras from their bouldering wall.
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

toad857 wrote:check out these guys from ohio:

http://www.rockcandyholds.com/
the picture on that site with the guy with a hold on his penis.... not cool.
i do like the holds though.

so ill is the best tho... they sell seconds on ebay all the time under the name soill5000. you can get great holds at around 2 bucks a hold.
And on the third day, God created the Red River Gorge(by conjecture), and he saw that it was good.