Muir Valley Request

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
a_dumb_fake_name

Re: Muir Valley Request

Post by a_dumb_fake_name »

A bunch of us climbed in Muir this weekend, and had a wonderful time, and the pleasure of getting to thank Rick and Liz personally for all they do. However, I noticed when another lady and I put cash in the donation box everyone else kept hands in pockets, mumbling something about preferring to donate online. So this is a particularly timely message (thanks "Caribe" for bringing it to my attention). I just forwarded the Webers' post & the paypal link to the Explorers Club of Pittsburgh listserv & hope it results in additional donations.
Indy

Post by Indy »

Last weekend averaged $0.13/person?!?!? That's....embarassing. :(

I don't know if I'm going to make it out again this year, but hell, I can still give some support.

...just as soon as I can get the paypal link to actually work, that is...
viktor

Post by viktor »

Thanks Rick and Liz. $20 via paypal.
hausrath

Post by hausrath »

Thanks a million Rick and Liz. Donation Done. Climb on.
"Mack and the boys would have thought anyone who traveled without salt, pepper, and coffee very silly indeed."
--Steinbeck
KD

Post by KD »

wow!!! you donated a million dollars! that is so awesome!!!
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

For people signed up for the RRGCC automatic withdrawal, use the email receipt from the RRGCC as a reminder to go and make a matching donation to FOMV. It takes just a couple of minutes.
clif

Post by clif »

with my limited capacity to make contributions i've tried to keep my opinion in check. but as much as i admire the Webers and their vision i'm finding it difficult to contribute money without representation, at least in theory. someone said earlier that you don't have to agree to contribute. i'm not sure how far that argument will go. best wishes. i would certainly pay for parking and a key to the toilet.
training is for people who care, i have a job.
krampus

Post by krampus »

gave my 50. I don't even climb there any more because of my dog, but I for sure can give a bit to help keep my crags a little less busy. That and the webbers kick ass.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
jcapell

Post by jcapell »

$25 - Done! Haven't been there yet, but I'm so impressed I'm donating IN ADVANCE!

Looking forward to a road trip soon! :D
Liz_Weber

Post by Liz_Weber »

clif wrote:with my limited capacity to make contributions i've tried to keep my opinion in check. but as much as i admire the Webers and their vision i'm finding it difficult to contribute money without representation, at least in theory. someone said earlier that you don't have to agree to contribute. i'm not sure how far that argument will go. best wishes. i would certainly pay for parking and a key to the toilet.
To correct an apparent misconception on your part, Clif, and possibly on the part of others: Donations being made go, not to Rick and me, but to Friends of Muir Valley. This is a wonderful group of VOLUNTEERS who help make Muir Valley possible by sponsoring our annual Trail Day and many other projects throughout Muir Valley. This year their special projects have included paying the for emergency equipment for use in the event of a climbing accident and also helping to defray the costs of supplies for the public restrooms that Rick and I built last year. With the donations, this group helps to cover a very small portion of the expense Rick and I undertake to provide public access to Muir Valley.

If you feel you are entitled "representation," show up on Saturday morning and help me clean the toilets, or spend your day picking up litter in the Valley or helping people park in our driveway after the lot is filled on busy days. Better yet, get involved with Friends of Muir Valley.

To those of you who do "get it" and have been wonderfully supportive in both your donations and encouragement, Rick and I really appreciate you. I've tried to send a note to each person as they posted on this thread, rather than a general Thank You. To anyone whom I have missed and to the many people who just quietly donated without posting, thank you very much. You guys are the greatest!!!

Liz Weber