New to the area, new to climbing...

Need a partner?
photophreak

New to the area, new to climbing...

Post by photophreak »

Hi! I just moved to Lexington for school and I've been told that I have to go climbing at the Red River Gorge. My exboyfriend started me climbing not too long ago, but I have only climbed in a gym. I'm really looking forward to climbing outside so I can indulge in my real passion--- photography! If anyone in Lexington would like to carpool, climb, hike and/or have their picture taken I would love to meet some new people with shared interests :)
OZ

Re: New to the area, new to climbing...

Post by OZ »

photophreak wrote: I've been told that I have to go climbing at the Red River Gorge
Do you always do what you are told?
jdstic2

Post by jdstic2 »

If your at UK swing by the rock wall at the gym some time. some the staff there climbs and a few of us are friendly, but not me
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

jdstic2 wrote:If your at UK swing by the rock wall at the gym some time. some the staff there climbs and a few of us are friendly, but not me
he's lying. he's a sweetheart. always willing to take new climbers out for an adventure.
haunted.
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Since you said the magic word "exboyfriend", my assumption is you'll get the best responses if you post a pic of yourself. :P
photophreak

Post by photophreak »

So does anyone have any interest in climbing or just getting in my pants? :) Thanks to jdstic2 for the invite, I might swing by next week!
photophreak

Post by photophreak »

bcombs wrote:Since you said the magic word "exboyfriend", my assumption is you'll get the best responses if you post a pic of yourself. :P
You assume that would get me responses? What if I am hideous?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

To most of these jokers it doesn't matter. You got to bust out of a slump somehow.
Living the dream
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

photophreak wrote:So does anyone have any interest in climbing or just getting in my pants? :) Thanks to jdstic2 for the invite, I might swing by next week!
as if you had to ask....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
DHB

Post by DHB »

There's also a new-ish bouldering gym in Lex. I'd check there as well.