Cell service at Pebble Beach?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
jamlawyer

Cell service at Pebble Beach?

Post by jamlawyer »

I can't recall if there's cell service w AT&T at Pebble. Anyone know? And before you go off about cell phone in the woods, we have a 6 mo. old in day care and we are trying to skip out to climb while she's there, so we have to be accessible for telephone emergencies. Thanks!
KerwinLumpkins

Re: Cell service at Pebble Beach?

Post by KerwinLumpkins »

I was at Pebble Beach 3 weeks ago and had service on my AT & T phone (iPhone). Pretty weak but it worked for me.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

get yourself one of those FRS radios and go climbing in Muir. Rick has a emergency radio set-up.Quick response, well co-ordinated and executed. Cell phones east/south of mile marker 8 are a sketchy proposition at best.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
jrathfon

Post by jrathfon »

Clevis Hitch wrote:get yourself one of those FRS radios and go climbing in Muir. Rick has a emergency radio set-up.Quick response, well co-ordinated and executed. Cell phones east/south of mile marker 8 are a sketchy proposition at best.
good thing he'll be NW of the slade interstate exit... climbing does exist outside of the southern region.
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

jamlawyer wrote:...so we have to be accessible for telephone emergencies. Thanks!
As a parent I probably wouldn't go climbing unless there was someone else who was the designated emergency contact.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
mike_a_lafontaine

Post by mike_a_lafontaine »

rjackson wrote:
jamlawyer wrote:...so we have to be accessible for telephone emergencies. Thanks!
As a parent I probably wouldn't go climbing unless there was someone else who was the designated emergency contact.
As a parent, I probably wouldn't go climbing unless there was someone else who was the designated emergency contact because my wife would have my balls in a blender.
TradWanker

Post by TradWanker »

It's OK, it's the wife that's posting. My cell works there.
The beatings will continue until morale improves