Question for the CC

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Jeff

Re: Question for the CC

Post by Jeff »

"back in the day". Now that's funny.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

bcombs wrote:Clevis is alright, but that Pigsteak guy is a wiener. :lol:
I resemble that remark....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

So I have the perfect solution. The CC has a mailing list of its members. So how about asking them. Send out a e-mail asking the members if they like the way that the CC is run and if they'd like to change to a representative board.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

dude. you're about one post away from being black bagged and buried behind the CCDR (Climber's Coalition Dissident Repository).
haunted.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

How abut pitching in and cleaning up today after the successful rocktoberfest? You truly have the energy to be put to better use...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

tbwilsonky wrote:dude. you're about one post away from being black bagged and buried behind the CCDR (Climber's Coalition Dissident Repository).
Yeah?
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

well. i don't know for sure, but that's what this CCSD (Climber's Coalition Sentry Drone) told me.
haunted.
KD

Post by KD »

Seriously Clevis - If members had choice we/they may decide to do the incorrect thing - this way we/they are protected from that. I mean, don't you wish you had someone who protected you from making incorrect choices in your life? I know I do. You need to be more grateful and less like ...idk- Hamlet, I guess :)
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

alright Joe, if the Captain has time to give you a serious answer, I will too.
The RRGCC BOD has the personnel it does because no one else will do it. These are folks who love the Red and feel strongly enough about the mission statement that they show up, work together in a concerted effective way, have created an organization that has been able to raise the money to pay for what was originally thought to be a fairly unrealistic proposition- that it, buy ( on a land contract) 1000 acres and then raise the 300K to pay it off. They have succeeded well beyond the wildest prognostications of the original founding members. Frankly, what they have done is nothing short of amazing. And it hasn't been easy. They have gutted each Rocktoberfest out, year end and out, pulling it together and pulling it off.
Ask anyone of them. This has taken up a lot of their time and sweat. Coming from one who has been on the BOD two different times, not many have the stomach for the committment. I have to say, while I would like to say I could do it, both times I have had to bail due to not being able to rise to the level of committment.
All of these folks also bring a high level of professionalism, (being successful professionals in their own rights), ability to work together, maturity, and affable nature that allow them to not get frustrated when arm chair 20/20 hindsite quarterbacking douches second guess their decisions.
So, given these qualifications noted above, you take a hard look at what you have to offer. If you think you can show up at events and start lending a hand, not being a rabble rousing naysaying naybob of negativism, can play well with others, and prove to the community these virtues over, say the next three to four years, you may be considered for the BOD.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie