Question for the CC

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
tbwilsonky

Re: Question for the CC

Post by tbwilsonky »

caribe wrote:When the scale of government/ governance increases I favor republics and democracy.
i guess. but we don't really have enough experience with a benevolent tyrant (or tyrannical benefactor) to make a proper decision. seems to me a vote for the republic is often a vote for inefficiency and stagnation (or a vote for the Dark Side should you be savvy to 'nerd talk').

plus when you distribute power across multiple people/institutions you don't have a specific person to behead when things run amok. think of the guillotine makers. the basket weavers. the executioners guild. the angry mob. etc.
haunted.
caribe

Post by caribe »

tbwilsonky wrote:
caribe wrote:When the scale of government/ governance increases I favor republics and democracy.
i guess. but we don't really have enough experience with a benevolent tyrant <snip> plus when you distribute power across multiple people/institutions you don't have a specific person to behead when things run amok. think of the guillotine makers. the basket weavers. the executioners guild. the angry mob. etc.
What the hell, highjack this stupid thread. I'll play. :lol: You're going in the wrong direction. Beheading is soooo old testament. Next thing you will be saying, "They want to climb what, SANDSTONE?? let them climb cake."
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

clevis, are you a dues paying member of the coalition? I am not.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
KD

Post by KD »

OKay let's have the election right here right now. I vote Obama as president of the Coalition, Ron Paul as Vice President, Jack Conway as Treasurer, that other Paul guy as Sergant at Arms, Saxman for ...I don't know - something, Pigsteak for ...something too, Clevis for something funny, and Redpoint as assistant to whoever needs one. Vote now, vote here, vote often!
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

I understand the benifits of being unusurpable. You can focus on the task at hand with out any "real" consequences. You can also go in a direction that may not be popular. Your ball, your court, your game. It would all be well and good if you were all independantly wealthy and were financing the "charity" aspect of it yourself. But you are not. You come to the climbers in this community regularly asking for their participation/money/time and they don't have any real say in what you do.
I asked a sitting member of the board one time about what guarantee they could give me that they wouldn't abscond with the money...their answer,"None!"
I think you can guess where my donation didn't go that year!

So whats wrong with a little accountability? Whats wrong with members having a voice?
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
Eric Cox

Post by Eric Cox »

I was at the last RRGCC meeting about two weeks ago when 3 new people were voted in to the BOD.
As I looked around the room, all I saw was climbers. Hell, I was the closest thing to a non climber there that day. The way I see it, pretty much anyone that has ever served on the BOD was put there by climbers.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

oh eric, there ya go being reasonable again..was clevis at that meeting, instead of moaning?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

Can we please get beyond reasoning with a moron and get straight to name calling? Here, I will start. Clevis, you are a douche. There. Who is next?
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Clevis is alright, but that Pigsteak guy is a wiener. :lol:
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

Thats right. Be dismissive. It's a legitimate question but all its met with is sheeple. Why would the Board be accountable to its compositry. It has all of you jack asses to run cock block.
I'm really surprised at you hugh,
aren't you THAT GUY. At least you used to be, back in the day...Now you're just some "glassy-eyed"-true believer. What did they say to you back in the day to make you become the mAN that you are today.

questionable...very questionable...
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!