Quickdraws on 'Zen and the Art of Masturbation'

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
pigsteak

Re: Quickdraws on 'Zen and the Art of Masturbation'

Post by pigsteak »

the lurkist wrote:You know what would be rad? If folks started doing ascents of hard routes hanging the draws! Holy shit! That would be bad ass!

what are you smoking? or what planet do you live on? sport climbing is all about my needs being met by the community so I can get as many pitches in as I want. so I can climb with as little trouble as possible. shoot, when I am really trying to send, I even refuse to belay my partner..do not want to get my hands sore from belaying, ya know....bolts, stick clips, perma draws, blue jeans, a dog, some dope, a beer, a spray list, and a Subaru.....life is good, yo.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

:lol: :lol:
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

nice to see the face of altruism is so rugged and sober these days...
haunted.
mike_anderson

Post by mike_anderson »

pigsteak wrote:
the lurkist wrote:You know what would be rad? If folks started doing ascents of hard routes hanging the draws! Holy shit! That would be bad ass!

what are you smoking? or what planet do you live on? sport climbing is all about my needs being met by the community so I can get as many pitches in as I want. so I can climb with as little trouble as possible. shoot, when I am really trying to send, I even refuse to belay my partner..do not want to get my hands sore from belaying, ya know....bolts, stick clips, perma draws, blue jeans, a dog, some dope, a beer, a spray list, and a Subaru.....life is good, yo.
Easy there...I was agreeing with everything you said up until the Subaru part. I think "Toyota Tacoma" is more accurate.
Toad

Post by Toad »

Would that mean a difference between a Redpoint and a Pinkpoint?
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

its only a notable difference if we get extra points.
haunted.
dssclimb

Post by dssclimb »

It's amazing how long my personal draws last now that I never use them. I miss the days when only half the Undertow Wall was fixed. I was guaranteed to have half the routes with no one on them.
RRO

Post by RRO »

pigsteak wrote:need to find a new name..perma draw is not permanent...and this is onr more example why it is a terrible precedent.
couldnt agree more....
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

RRO wrote:
pigsteak wrote:need to find a new name..perma draw is not permanent...and this is onr more example why it is a terrible precedent.
couldnt agree more....
but that only makes you old and crusty....lol
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

dssclimb wrote:It's amazing how long my personal draws last now that I never use them. I miss the days when only half the Undertow Wall was fixed. I was guaranteed to have half the routes with no one on them.
So what routes at the lode are not fixed? In case my old crusty ass ever makes it back there, I want to know if I need to bring my draws?

Oh and do 'they' provide ropes now too? Should I bring my gri gri or is there one at base of each route? How often do they change the routes? I heard all the routes with orange draws are the hardest, is that true? Can you we bring our Ipods to play into the sound system? Is there wifi? What time does it close? Is there a redbull machine - how much?
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist