Dynamic rope severed

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
captain static

Re: Dynamic rope severed

Post by captain static »

pigsteak wrote:so why again do we leave so much fixed gear? are climbers really that lazy?rhetorical..I know the answer.
It seems to me the standards for fixing draws has considerably slipped. I remember a time not long ago when the only routes with fixed draws were those in the Madness Cave. I never remember seeing fixed draws on Ale-8 or TOC. Those aren't even "steep" routes. I think that the tendency of people to leave "project draws" has morphed into just fixing them. This practice really needs to be scrutinized and reconsidered from the safety standpoint. It's enough work as it is to maintain the bolts themselves and now we are going to sink time & change into fixed draws? The use of fixed draws also needs to be scrutinized and reconsidered from a Leave No Trace standpoint, especially for climbs in the National Forest. I have said this on here before that some non-climbing participants in the LAC process considered bolts to be trash. I wonder what they would think upon seeing fixed draws? Stir ... Stir ... Stir
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
caribe

Post by caribe »

captain static wrote: LAC process considered bolts to be trash. I wonder what they would think upon seeing fixed draws? Stir ... Stir ... Stir
+2!
heacocis

Post by heacocis »

Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics of the rope. I will send the rope out to the manufacturer today, and if I find out any important info from them I will post it.
ROPE_closeup_lr.jpg
ROPE_closeup_lr.jpg (77.08 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
ROPE_both ends_lr.jpg
ROPE_both ends_lr.jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
ROPE_both ends macrlr.jpg
ROPE_both ends macrlr.jpg (65.67 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
Wave Bolt- the best climbing bolt available! www.wavebolt.com

"...I'm over all that macho stuff, and if I bolt a route, it will be done properly." - Colin Goodey
toad857

Post by toad857 »

what is the make of the rope?

(it may have little or nothing to do with the severing)