Middle Small Wall?? Does it exist??

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Handjamwich

Middle Small Wall?? Does it exist??

Post by Handjamwich »

After climbing at lower small wall, and flipping pages looking for new places to climb I ran across Middle Small Wall. It seems to host some great traditional multipitch and single pitch routes. I literally spent half a day looking for the trail or some sort of sign in the area the guide directed me, only to be let down. I have since been back with new addition guide book in hand only to be foiled again. If anyone has any approach Bete I would be so greatful. Thanks
pkananen

Re: Middle Small Wall?? Does it exist??

Post by pkananen »

I have been there. It is a bit of bushwhack, but not too bad or long. Did you find the pulloff? It's not quite as muddy as the guide indicates. Walk back per the directions and look for a gully that may or may not be trickling water. If you can't determine what gully it is, expect to start walking up the hill around the time you think you should've found the trail. There is no trail, so start walking up the (initially very steep) hill. Bushwhack until you hit the cliff...you will hit the cliff, so you can't get lost. Figuring out which route is which can be tricky as well.
chester

Post by chester »

I was there a couple of months ago. Followed the guidebook exactly as it said and had no problem finding it.
[size=84]Women are like tea bags. They don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water.[/size]
Jrodan

Post by Jrodan »

I went a few weeks ago. I also couldn't find the trail, but the bushwhach was short and pretty mild.
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

chester wrote:I was there a couple of months ago. Followed the guidebook exactly as it said and had no problem finding it.
me too... I was wondering how to help this dude out, but I figured telling him to follow the guidebook directions was somewhat redundant.
Corona

Post by Corona »

My god, man--you spent half a day looking for the trail? Last summer, there was no trail, but the wall could be glimpsed from the side of the road. A five minute bush bash directly uphill will take you to the base of the wall, where you can find the routes to the right or left from the description in the guidebook. Oh, and the routes there are great--good luck!
krampus

Post by krampus »

outside the box
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared