Country=Stupid

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Does an old Pick-Up with a gunrack in the back glass, dipping, and a country accent equal stupid?

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 30

dhuff

Re: Country=Stupid

Post by dhuff »

Whatahutch, there is prejudice deeply rooted in our culture and in people's general state of mind. You know that already. You don't need to make some silly poll like this to prove it for you. And I don't know if it gets to you, but if it does then I recommend deciding to not let it affect you at all.
kato

Post by kato »

On a grander scale, New Yorkers and Los Angelinos consider everything between New York and Los Angeles to be "fly-over country", populated by idiots with a variety of accents.
No chalkbag since 1995.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

be proud of your heritage and upbringing, no matter where ya came from. uniqueness and individuality is what makes the heart of America beat.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

love country folk... hate rednecks.
And on the third day, God created the Red River Gorge(by conjecture), and he saw that it was good.
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

the real equivalence is --poor = stupid--. 'country' (like 'ghetto') is just a euphemism.

but i'm super-poor so what do i know?
t
haunted.
Eric Cox

Post by Eric Cox »

pigsteak wrote:be proud of your heritage and upbringing, no matter where ya came from. uniqueness and individuality is what makes the heart of America beat.
I agree
ynot

Post by ynot »

nope. I define stupid as the bitch in the suv on the cell phone going too fast coming at me on my side of the double yellow. yup it happens all the time and it never fails to piss me off. Maybe i have been in one too many wrecks. Driving around is way more dangerous than any R route I ever did.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
toad857

Post by toad857 »

country music = stupid
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I made the same observation today. That seems to be a distinct entity- "stupid-fat-cow-in-the-explorer-on-the-cell-phone."-->hereafter referred to as SFCECP. (needs work)
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie