The ongoing weekend idiot report

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Tell that to all the hispanic people living in Arizona. Papers Please!
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

Why do you think that anything on this board does anything other than entertain me. It's like driving by and throwing pennies at hookers. There they are on the corner. Dressed to the nines, walking the walk trying to attract a mate like an obscene turkey. When you drive up and hand them a handful of change from your ashtray. It makes them realize what they are doing. Sucking cock of beer money. Now don't get me wrong, I like beer. Cock, I could take it or leave it. But, to do one to get the other....not on my watch.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

rhunt, please don't be racist though I would support the enforcement of laws, its the basis of a just society
KD

Post by KD »

pigsteak wrote:come on KD..is that the best excuse you got for not climbing the last two years..it's too crowded?
yeah - partly. that and injury has been a drawback - seriously i wait until summer when im off work so i can climb during the weekdays when it thins out - unless im on my boat, or biking or travelling
powen01

Post by powen01 »

KD wrote:
pigsteak wrote:come on KD..is that the best excuse you got for not climbing the last two years..it's too crowded?
yeah - partly. that and injury has been a drawback - seriously i wait until summer when im off work so i can climb during the weekdays when it thins out - unless im on my boat, or biking or travelling
Or pooping.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

not sure where to post this, but found it funny..was sitting at miggies by the john, and a young guy and girl come in and the young lady looks at the climbing shoes and says she wants this pair. the boy asks how much are they, and she replies "who cares..they are cute".....

never knew climbing shoes were an accessory item for, um, climbing...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Clevis Hitch

Post by Clevis Hitch »

stalking the bathroom again piggie? I thought you had a restraining order...
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

pigsteak wrote:not sure where to post this, but found it funny..was sitting at miggies by the john, and a young guy and girl come in and the young lady looks at the climbing shoes and says she wants this pair. the boy asks how much are they, and she replies "who cares..they are cute".....

Those should be cool and comfy at the dance. :roll:
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
lena_chita

Post by lena_chita »

pigsteak wrote:not sure where to post this, but found it funny..was sitting at miggies by the john, and a young guy and girl come in and the young lady looks at the climbing shoes and says she wants this pair. the boy asks how much are they, and she replies "who cares..they are cute".....

You are behind times!

A friend of mine needs a new rope, so as we were sitting at Miguel's on Saturday night she was looking at the bundles hanging abovehead. There was a 9.8 Sterling which was exactly what she was looking for-- but it was the wrong color!!!! Her completely dead-serious explanation was: it would clash with my draws, I need blue/purple.

I was very ashamed because my draws aren't all color-matched, and definitely don't match any of my ropes... not to mention my outfits. :oops:
cliftongifford

Post by cliftongifford »

your draws most definitely should match your rope... it's just not fashionable to have clashing colors on your rack. the worst mistake I see climbers making today is that their helmet (if they're wearing one) hardly ever matches their shoes! I just can't believe it! How could you send anything without matching the color of your shoes with your helmet? Also, many climbers are wearing bland colors these days, like brown and earthy green. And I am sick of it! Climbing is a vibrant sport and people should express themselves with vibrant colors!! what is wrong with these people?